• Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Votes |
Good broker for investor with license

Shaun R.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Posted Jun 9 2017, 16:04
I'm in the Denham Springs/Walker area. I want to get my RE license just for buying and selling my own investment properties. Does anyone know of a good broker who will let investors hang their license that is not looking to be an agent?

User Stats

Votes
Robert Leonard
  • Investor
  • Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA
Replied Jun 9 2017, 18:25

The KW office in DS is owned by the same broker who owns the KW office where I have my license in Lafayette.  KW, generally from the man at the top, Gary Keller, follows a phyllosopghy of treating an "agent" like the independent contractors that we are.  We are not employees and many brokers ack like agents are their employees.  The local franchise office team leader will be different in each office, but I've met that office's team leader and I think you should meet him and talk about your plans.  A broker does accept a lot of responsibility with ensuring your compliance with RE law, so expect some oversight and requirements from the office because of that.

User Stats

Votes
Shaun R.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Replied Jun 9 2017, 19:19

I hadn't even considered that I could go with one of the big brokers. I assumed only a smaller company would allow someone who didn't really want to be an active agent.

I definitely wouldn't mind the oversight and regulations though. I understand the liability and I'm sure I would need to bounce some questions off of them.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes