• Portland, ME
Votes |
Heating Systems in Maine

Dan Weber
  • Realtor
  • Portland, ME
Posted May 26 2020, 07:43

Hi All,

I thank everyone in advance for their feedback. I own a three family in Portland, Maine. Just as a forward, I have read through the other forums on this topic (specific to Maine) and would still appreciate some input. I am looking to replace my heating system as it is very old and could die at any time. It is an oil furnace with forced hot water baseboard throughout. There is currently one system that heats the entire house as well as the hot water.

As most of you know, many landlords in Maine include heat in the rent and charge more for rent. I have asked around and many landlords would rather charge more for rent to pay for the heat than endure the cost to split the system and push the cost on the tenant. Although I can see where others are coming from, I NEED to replace my heat system and I see it as a good opportunity to split the system.

Firstly, do the BP landlords in Maine that push the cost of heat onto the tenants have a tougher time finding tenants?

Secondly, have any of the BP landlords gone solely with the heat pumps? I would like to know how they have performed. 

Has anyone used any other heat systems that they have found to be successful in Maine?

Thanks everyone for the input!

• Real Estate Agent Maine (#BA923337)

Vista Real Estate Brokers Logo

Loading replies...