Pennsylvania Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tina Gao
Votes |
Newbie wants to get start around Philly/KOP/NJ

Tina Gao
Posted Jul 25 2019, 18:01

Hi everyone, I am a newbie for BP and I want to start investing on multi-family properties since desk job is so boring and does not pay well. I live around NYC area and have been looking for NJ property around NYC (union city, jersey city, etc.) for couple months but the price is so high and tax literally kills the deal. My goal is positive cash flows collected from rent (with decent appreciation of course would be ideal) but I can barely find a deal to break even now around here. 

Considering future I may move to PA nearby places I am considering to start looking at properties in PA or around KOP. Since a newbie I am not looking for super crappy houses to fix up, ideally in good condition just need a bit cosmetics. Any suggestions where would be potential good areas to look into would be highly appreciated. Any area with decent cash flow, or can break even now but with potential of appreciation a decent amount of new constructions going, town re-development plan etc. not necessary to be duplex. open to townhouse, single family, 3-units etc.

Thank you!

Loading replies...