Skip to content
Tennessee Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Angelo Wong
  • Investor
  • Milpitas, CA
Votes |
Any Property Management Recommendations in TN?

Angelo Wong
  • Investor
  • Milpitas, CA
Posted Aug 27 2018, 11:44

Hi all,

Context:

I've been using a Property Management company that I loved for a while.

They were pretty independent and was just able to do manage without much of my intervention.

But probably 6 months ago, they've switched to using Virtual Assistants and they are now fairly incompetent; instead of making their own decisions, they're asking me for every little thing. They've also took an extra month to remove a delinquent tenant because the Virtual Assistant "felt bad" for having to not renew a family, even though they weren't paying all the rent.

Instead of insulating the owner against any management issues, they're basically forcing me to manage the situation--which defeats the point of Property Management.

Thus, I'm paying the same amount of 10% management fee for a service that's gone severely downhill.

Am thinking about switching.

Question:

Anyone have any recommendations on who I might talk to for managing SFHs in the Cordova/Germantown area?

User Stats

Votes
Verna Littleton
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Aug 27 2018, 11:47

I just sent you an inbox of a company I recommend. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Beach
  • Property Manager
  • Lebanon, TN
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Lebanon, TN
Replied Aug 29 2018, 16:11

Hi Angelo, we operate a property management company with about 400 units in the Greater Nashville area.  We have a satellite office in Memphis (Property Management Inc of Memphis) that may be able to help.  Let me know if you'd like me to connect you with our staff there.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ken Breeze
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Sep 28 2018, 10:24

@Angelo Wong when the times get tough, the tough get going as the song goes. @Verna Littleton and @Nathan Beach have jumped in and are ready to rock.

From our experience with human beings, we always scout at least three other alternatives who can jump in and take over at any given time since we can't afford to slip. Explore over 23,000 real estate-related companies here on BP, you will, after some time and vetting, find your next property manager in your area.

User Stats

Votes
Jared Pitts
  • Property Manager
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Oct 8 2018, 16:22

@Angelo Wong Feel free to dm me if you're still looking for a PM.