Austin Region is the fast growing large metro in the US

Austin Region is the fast growing large metro in the US

Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

For the 8th year in a row Austin Texas is doing exceptionally well.  Wow! https://www.statesman.com/news/20190418/austin-region-fastest-growing-large-metro-in-nation-8-years-running-data-shows  

Its job creation that is always the driver... Favorite quote is "The sex appeal of the region is still largely found within the character of the city, but we are really becoming more regional and multimodal" by the Chief Demographer Ryan. 

Good to be a landlord. 

1Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · College Station, TX · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 49 votes
7y

Quick scan of articles looks like the DFW view is based on total numbers while the Austin view is based on percents.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    When Austin traffic is too bad, come up to Dallas!

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    No thanks, I like Austin too much. In spite of all the gripes that I and everyone has, we are all here for a reason. Its a good and fun city to be in. From my neighborhood, I can walk to a starbucks, a cuban restaurant, a bar with a good pool table, a good mexican restaurant, pizza shop. Its about to be summertime. Barton Springs is going to be great!  I think I am good.  

    @Ronald Rohde

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    That's interesting as I just saw on the news the other night ...

    The Dallas/ Fort Worth area is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, according to new estimates released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

    http://www.fox4news.com/news/census-report-dfw-metroplex-is-the-fastest-growing-in-the-us

    I wasn't able to read your story as the link requires a subscription. 

  • Contractor · College Station, TX · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Quick scan of articles looks like the DFW view is based on total numbers while the Austin view is based on percents.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.