Bakersfield Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
John Learned
Votes |
Current Bakersfield real estate activity

John Learned
Posted Aug 26 2019, 08:05

Would like to know if anyone is currently investing or has recently invested in the Bakersfield, CA market.  I have done a fair amount of real estate investing in the past and looking to get back into it.  I live in Ventura County and would like to stay within a couple of hours drive from where i live.  Bakersfield looks interesting but not sure if this is still a viable market.

User Stats

Votes
Gene Hacker
  • Investor and Home Inspector
  • Lake Isabella, CA
Votes |
  • Investor and Home Inspector
  • Lake Isabella, CA
Replied Aug 26 2019, 12:12

Like most markets, prices are up a lot in the past several years.  And as you may suspect, deals today are not as good as they were several years ago. But unlike most areas in California, I still see people putting together deals that cashflow from day one.  Solid deals are highly sought after and there is a ton of competition, so solid deals are not easy to find but I think it is still possible to put together a deal that makes sense.  

User Stats

Votes
Sanjeev Advani
  • Investor
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Aug 26 2019, 15:50

Hi @John Learned I believe Bakersfield is still a viable market because just like @Gene Hacker said, you can still get cash flow from day 1.  I have posted a lot on the Bakersfield area, and would recommend looking through a few of my older posts for some of the growth that is coming to this area. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Learned
Votes |
Replied Aug 26 2019, 15:53

Thanks for your quick response.  Will be following up on this market for sure.