Skip to content
Lakewood Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Graham McBain
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, Califonia
Votes |
What are your favorite areas in Lakewood to find good deals?

Graham McBain
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, Califonia
Posted Dec 4 2015, 23:14

I don't know lakewood all that well but I like the area near where Alameda starts to turn up the hill. What are some good area's out there?

User Stats

Votes
Garry C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 6 2016, 13:22

You're talking about the Green Mountain area? That's nice, older homes, established businesses, open space and not far from Bear Creek/Morrison/C470. East of there is Belmar, which has been up and coming for a while. There are good deals to be had North and East of Belmar too, but it's a bit riskier I think. I also like the Hampden/Wads/Kipling area to the South, where Lakewood borders Denver and Littleton. I own a unit in that area. 

User Stats

Votes
Sam Kabli
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 6 2016, 14:12

@Garry C. What do you think about the Littleton area that is where I am currently looking for my first investment property.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Garry C.
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 7 2016, 07:15

@Sam Kabli, I'm a fan of Littleton. In fact, it's where I live. :) It looks like maybe you do as well?

It's a large area like Lakewood, so it really depends on where in Littleton you are looking to invest. Littleton covers everything from Roxborough Park (suburbs - SFRs), to old Downtown Littleton (trendy urban - MFRs/condos), to more working class neighborhoods with apartment buildings.

What type of property are you looking at for your first investment? These days it seems hard to go wrong anywhere in metro Denver if you can find a good deal.

User Stats

Votes
Sam Kabli
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 19 2016, 21:31

@Garry yes I do also live in Littleton im a little late to seeing this post mention. I am looking into investing in a SFH for my first property and am attempting to do a house hack with a place with a basement. My range is to stay under 300k but like you said its hard to find good deals. I am currently getting alerts that are coming on MLS but havent got any solid leads just yet.

User Stats

Votes
Sam Kabli
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 21 2016, 15:02

@Garry C.

User Stats

Votes
Garry C.
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Sep 22 2016, 06:12

There are a few in my neighborhood, Roxborough. And I mean 'few'. But the market has slowed a bit, as it does at the end of summer. They are a bit above $300k, although I feel they are overpriced. You should be able to pick them up for a bit under that and then value add to get a bit above.

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Gruber
  • Golden, Co
Votes |
  • Golden, Co
Replied Nov 28 2016, 11:52

I know I'm coming to this thread late but curious if can recommend investment minded realtor that works Lakewood/ Wheat Ridge/ Arvada areas?  Thanks.

-Charlie