Researching and starting out in the Orlando FL Markets

21 Replies

HI BP,

I purchased my first SFH in Massachusetts a few months back and am now looking to pick up some investment properties. I am currently studying and looking into the Orlando markets. I am looking to network with others in the area such as Property managers, agents, wholesalers and others so I can start establishing relationships. I am looking to travel down there monthly or bi-monthly for rea meet-ups and networking. If anyone is in the area and can provide any insight or asistance while I'm doing my research it would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

@Chris Anderson check out the meetings section of the BP website. There is definitely an REIA near you.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Hi Chris -

I work with buyers (acting as an agent) who purchase vacation homes (short term rentals) here in Central Florida.  We also assist with short term rental marketing. In addition, I have a set group of lenders, one property manager, home inspectors, and accounting/legal advisers that I deal with on a regular basis that I will be happy to share with you.  Feel free to private message me.

Keith

HI Chris, I am an investor/wholesaler in Orlando. I can help with your search.

Hi Chris

Welcome to the group. I'm originally from Mass, been in the Orlando area for 15 years.

I'm a licensed Realtor and wholesaler. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best of luck

Eddie

@Chris Anderson

Just curious, why Orlando? I still am confused why out of state buyers want to come here when they have so many other out of state markets with higher returns and lower prices. 

Hi @Justin Stamper ,

I chose to research Orlando because I travel down that way multiple times per year and have family support in the area

@Chris Anderson

Hi Chris,

I work with an investor friendly title company in the Orlando area.  I would be happy to answer any title related questions you may have when the time comes.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Chris,

Let me know if you have any questions on lending or the area in general, I mostly invest in Seminole and Orange county. I can help you find competitive and investor friendly loan programs.

Originally posted by @Justin Stamper :

@Chris Anderson

Just curious, why Orlando? I still am confused why out of state buyers want to come here when they have so many other out of state markets with higher returns and lower prices. 

Justin - I am curious to know which other states / cities do you think have higher returns and lower prices? I have seen some articles that refer to smaller towns at the top of someone's list but not sure if the short-term economic conditions that may favor them will last in the long run. Big cities (and nearby suburbs) of Florida and Texas seem like better long-term bets. Am I missing something?

Any market can yield a great deal if you make enough offers. I personally like the State of Florida because it is investor friendly, has no state income tax, and people are retiring from up north and moving here. Demand has been strong and many feel it will continue to be strong. We see a steady and strong influx of people from the north as I am sure the Orlando market does as well.

This post has been removed.

John D Reis

I like your area. It has been some time since I visited. My only objection to branching out to other areas with investments if management. I just had to fire a REALLY bad one dealing with an out of state property. I may take a leisurely drive to your area this weekend if the weather holds. It is absolutely gorgeous today!

John D Reis

Send over a PM and I may give you a call if the wife and I make it over there this weekend. I am shocked...12K for an eviction? Obviously, the laws and system are geared against those with an entrepreneurial spirit wanting to build a better life and stable income. I also see posts from other BP members about horrendous laws enacted in other states like WA. The government has indeed gone wild!

I can't imagine 12K for an eviction.  I am currently evicting a tenant and am upset it's been about 3 weeks since I started and is costing me a little over $250 (plus another $90 if I have the sheriff do the writ of possession).   If you own the property in FL, you can do your own eviction and just pay the court costs, process server and sheriff.  We also don't have rent control, so you can raise rents whenever you are out of the lease.

Originally posted by @Dan Bhide :
Originally posted by @Justin Stamper:

@Chris Anderson

Justin - I am curious to know which other states / cities do you think have higher returns and lower prices? I have seen some articles that refer to smaller towns at the top of someone's list but not sure if the short-term economic conditions that may favor them will last in the long run. Big cities (and nearby suburbs) of Florida and Texas seem like better long-term bets. Am I missing something?

Seems like my friends at Ohio Cashflow are getting way higher returns and way cheaper entry points. @Engelo Rumora

Originally posted by @Dan Bhide:
Originally posted by @Justin Stamper:

@Chris Anderson

Seems like my friends at Ohio Cashflow are getting way higher returns and way cheaper entry points. @Engelo Rumora

Oi mate,

You ready to rock the world with our anti-guru antics?

I'm pumped and started interviewing security guards for us hehe

Can you fight like a mongrel or do we need to get a CCW? hehe

Once we open the curtains, there will be trouble hehe

Thanks

ps. We offer $55,000 - $70,000 turnkey properties that show around 12% gross cap rates and around 8-9% net (Dependant on how you do your pro-forma calculations). Area is top notch and we live in the same areas we invest in.

@Engelo Rumora born ready. 

love a good fight,but carry with a CWP everyday. 

just texted you 

@Engelo Rumora born ready. 

love a good fight,but carry with a CWP everyday. 

just texted you 

Ok mate,

I'll watch you fight and when you drop someone, I'll jump in and give em a few soccer kicks hehehehehe

x

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.