User Stats

Votes
Kevin Kim
Votes |
Buckhead, Atlanta Area Condo Property

Kevin Kim
Posted Sep 25 2021, 08:11

Hello 

I am OOS investor and interesting Condo/Townhome near Buckhead area. The price for 2-3bed room is around 200,000 - 240,000 and still see some positive cash flow. I like the area since the school district is good and the location is close to the downtown. Is there anything take consideration on this location/condo? 

User Stats

Votes
Gp G.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta
Replied Sep 25 2021, 09:14

HOA make sure allow tenants and rent cap not maxed out

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany B.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied Sep 25 2021, 10:40

I agree with GP, knowing the HOA covenants, if tenants are allowed, if so, is there a limit of homes in the subdivision that can be rented and what is that limit. Is there a waiting list, how long can you rent for?
I live in a townhome community that has a 10% rental capacity and you have to apply for your house to be rented with the HOA every year. If there is a waiting list, you can’t legally rent. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find Investor-Friendly Agents in Atlanta Work with an agent who understands your needs as an investor and helps you find the best deals.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Kim
Votes |
Replied Sep 25 2021, 16:47

Thanks GP and Tiffany. I will need to check if there is any HOA limitation then.

User Stats

Votes
Jingru Sui
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 28 2021, 16:42

@Kevin Kim there might be community that hasn’t met the cap yet but more expensive . Low 300ks for 2-3 bedroom. Are you interested in those?