Allen Scott
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Indianapolis Property Inspection

Allen Scott
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Jan 28 2018, 10:19

Hi,

I am an out-of-state investor, who recently purchased a turn-key property in Indianapolis.  The property was rehabbed after purchase but has since been hit with fines and penalties.  This has led me to have some concerns over the quality of the rehab.

I am going to be in Indianapolis in February to see the work first hand.  Being new to real estate, I feel like I need to leverage someone with more experience and expertise and am looking for recommendations for an inspector, who can visit the property with me and give me their opinion.  

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Allen

User Stats

Votes
Clay Manship
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 28 2018, 14:47

Hey @Allen Scott

Feel free to shoot me a PM...I am working with several others in this exact scenario right now, and I'm betting with the same company. Happy to work with you to get it sorted out.

Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jan 28 2018, 15:35

@Allen Scott  Clay is a good man knows the area and will tell It straight.. just don't ask for a cup of coffee from his Kurig machine  bring your own..

Sorry that you got caught up in that web.. its really a sad situation.. and one that the experts on BP predicted unfortuantly.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find Investor-Friendly Agents in Indianapolis Work with an agent who understands your needs as an investor and helps you find the best deals.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Hamblen
  • White Lake, MI
Votes |
  • White Lake, MI
Replied Jan 28 2018, 17:43

Just used Rich from Indy inspection service. He was great.

User Stats

Votes
Mike D'Arrigo
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Jan 30 2018, 12:53

@Allen Scott Unfortunately you didn't buy a turn key property. A true turn key is rehabbed before you close. Sorry to hear you're going through this but let it be a lesson that if you're buying turn key, don't close until the renovation is complete and you've had the property inspected otherwise you are taking on all of the risk and have no recourse. Personally, in my opinion, this is the worst way to buy. You have all the risk and no control. I have a good inspector in Indianapolis. DM me and I'll give you his name.

User Stats

Votes
Allen Scott
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Feb 3 2018, 12:28

Thank you all for your help and insights.  Very much appreciated.