Need help in Indianapolis :)

17 Replies | Indianapolis, Indiana

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on BP, I'm living in California and I'm a newbie in this country and in this field. I've just got my real estate license here and I'm really interested to start my real estate adventure. But California is super expensive and I can't afford it, so my thought is to start in Indianapolis, because is cheaper. My partner is a very good handyman and our plan is to buy a distressed property there, to come over there and fix it, rent it out and repeat the process. But we don't know the area and we need somebody who has experience as an investor in that area to give us some advices. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

@Sorin Ruen I am an investor from Los Angeles and I have multiple properties in Indianapolis. My suggestion I stay away from the east side. Stay away from 46218 zip code . The west side is nice . The south side is up and coming. The north side is really nice but very pricey. Stay away from 38th street or Michigan street. Always check out the crime on Trulia since indy is very street by street

Originally posted by @Jason Malabute :

@Sorin Ruen I am an investor from Los Angeles and I have multiple properties in Indianapolis. My suggestion I stay away from the east side. Stay away from 46218 zip code . The west side is nice . The south side is up and coming. The north side is really nice but very pricey. Stay away from 38th street or Michigan street. Always check out the crime on Trulia since indy is very street by street

Thank you for your advice Jason, I really appreciate that! It is a little "scary" for me all this process. I intend to contact a real estate agent in that area. Do you have any suggestions? I need someone with experience in investment properties.

I agree with the area choices in the last post. I have owned a property in Greenfield (west area) for about 12 years and it has been great. The north area is real nice if you can find a deal. Fishers is real nice.

Sorin,

I am in Greenfield, IN ( about 20 miles east of Indianapolis) and I can help connect you with some people in CIREIA.  Some investor friendly realtors and property manager.

David 

David Lopez from NORTHRIDGE

replied about 5 hours ago

I agree with the area choices in the last post. I have owned a property in Greenfield (west area) for about 12 years and it has been great. The north area is real nice if you can find a deal. Fishers is real nice.

Thank you for your advices David!

David M. Hagley, Jr. New to Real Estate from Greenfield, IN

replied about 7 hours ago

Sorin,

I am in Greenfield, IN ( about 20 miles east of Indianapolis) and I can help connect you with some people in CIREIA. Some investor friendly realtors and property manager.

Thank you David! Can I PM you? 

Originally posted by @David M. Hagley, Jr. :

Sorin,

I am in Greenfield, IN ( about 20 miles east of Indianapolis) and I can help connect you with some people in CIREIA.  Some investor friendly realtors and property manager.

David 

Im definitely interested David, thank you! I already PM you.

Do you think Greenfield could be a good area for investments? It is a pretty small city

Originally posted by @David Lopez :

I agree with the area choices in the last post. I have owned a property in Greenfield (west area) for about 12 years and it has been great. The north area is real nice if you can find a deal. Fishers is real nice.

Do you think Greenfield could be a good area for investments? it is a pretty small city