Votes
Sasha Josephs
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Hello! Looking to do my first flip in Pittsburgh, PA

Sasha Josephs
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Mar 14 2024, 22:39

Hi there - title says it all! Looking for agents/wholesalers/GC's in Pittsburgh. What has been your experience fix and flipping in this market?

User Stats

Votes
Steven Goldman
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Replied Mar 15 2024, 09:59
Quote from @Sasha Josephs:

Hi there - title says it all! Looking for agents/wholesalers/GC's in Pittsburgh. What has been your experience fix and flipping in this market?

Hi Sosha, we have experience financing investor properties in Pittsburgh. The purchase price is one of the major challenges in Pittsburgh. Most of the rehab lenders have a 100k minimum total loan size. Many properties in Pittsburgh will not fit that requirement. In addition, HMLs have a minimum permanent loan size. Value must exceed 75k and loan may not be less than 50k. If you are using cash make sure that your finished product will fit into the lending guidelines. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Taggart
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 15 2024, 11:00

@Sasha Josephs Plenty of run down homes with margins to flip. You can buy homes as cheap as $20k depending on the neighborhood. Most flip deals will have purchase prices of $50-$150k, and rehabs running $40k-$150k depending on the scope of work. I tend to prefer to stay close to the median price point of about $225-$250k so you have enough margin for error on the rehab and greatest number of end buyers.

• Real Estate Agent PA (#RS340668)

DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Terrien
Lender
  • Lender
  • Santa Monica, CA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Santa Monica, CA
Replied Mar 19 2024, 17:02

Hi @Sasha Josephs

Steven and Jeremy provided valuable insight for Pittsburgh. 

Good news- you're in a good market for flipping. 

I have contacts in Pittsburgh that could provide additional insight. 

Please let me know if you're interested and I can connect them with you. Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Gary Swank
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 21 2024, 05:36

Hi Sasha, I've worked extensively with those flipping in the Pittsburgh area who have had varying levels of success. Feel free to reach out if you want to hear about their specific challenges and wins. 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Mar 21 2024, 07:47
Quote from @Sasha Josephs:

how much cash you have ? NOT HM, 

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Dietz
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 23 2024, 05:09

As a prior Californian, real estate looks super cheap here in Pittsburgh compared to the Bay Area.  When I first arrived I wanted to buy EVERYTHING!   Take you time to understand the market before jumping in.   Most often the "real cheap" houses are not the best options.   

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Walton
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 23 2024, 15:55
Quote from @Jamie Dietz:

As a prior Californian, real estate looks super cheap here in Pittsburgh compared to the Bay Area.  When I first arrived I wanted to buy EVERYTHING!   Take you time to understand the market before jumping in.   Most often the "real cheap" houses are not the best options.   

This is a big one. Figure out what works for you, research the market, connect with an investor friendly agent that is familiar with the market, and get a clear idea as to how much you are working with. The market looks fruitful for investors on the west coast, but the market is vastly different. Definitely go through a couple of Pittsburgh Forums to get a good idea, check the comp tools and calculators provided by Bigger Pockets. Once you are ready to make a move, reach out to a local agent (preferably one with good reviews) and see if they can provide you guidance with your budget, and exit strategy to determine the best area to jump in. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hujdus
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Mar 26 2024, 13:02

Hi @Sasha Josephs, I am an investor friendly agent in the Pittsburgh area and I'd love to connect!

For local wholesalers, check out New Western and City Life. They're all licensed agents and put out inventory regularly. There's also a ton of Pittsburgh REI Facebook groups where wholesalers post their deals.