Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Votes |
What you didn't know about The Home Depot.

Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Posted Jul 8 2015, 18:23

Let me start the discussion off by just saying, Hi my name is Derek. My current occupation is Pro Account Sales Associate for The Home Depot. My passion is financial education and real estate investing. Im just putting my feelers out to see if the information i can offer people is worth taking my time to put in a discussion. I've noticed a lot of not so accurate information about how the home depot and lowes work. Now i can not speak for lowes, but i can speak about how the home depot can build your business and benefit you in ways you never thought possible. I also just want to put it out there that i do not and will not benefit in anyway monetarily or otherwise as a result. 

So the main purpose of this discussion, Is there a need for this information, a one stop, ACCURATE, thread about the things no one knows about. Please respond with your interest, and if you would like to see a thread of that magnitude. If no responses within a week i won't waste my time any further with this, Replies or private messages are fine. Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Replied Jul 10 2015, 04:24

Follow this thread - http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/210267-the-home-depot--pro-tips-from-a-pasa?page=1#p1406463

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Daniels
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 10 2015, 04:45
Charmaine M. I was reading your profile and you should consider Philly real estate. It's much cheaper and easier to get into. In addition to being an investor I also sell real estate full time. We should talk...
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Daniels
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 10 2015, 04:51
I typically only use the big box stores for finishing work like lighting, faucets and occasionally tile because the discount isn't enough or willingness to give a discount. I typically buy my material wholesale and save big there. Remember, the box stores are retail chains and we all know the markup on retail.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Babiak
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Replied Jul 10 2015, 04:55
Originally posted by @Pari Thiagasundaram:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/2102...

Link is now clickable :)

User Stats

Votes
Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Replied Jul 10 2015, 04:56

Alexander, if that's what you really think, you should see what a Pasa can do for you, that's where the other forum comes into play. I hardly sell anything at retail with everything that is available to me.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua R.
  • Cathedral City, CA
Votes |
  • Cathedral City, CA
Replied Aug 7 2015, 23:04

The VPP qualification amount must be different between markets then because our requirement is $1000. Just ask your local PASA in person, or the phone, what the threshold is. They'll tell you. Also, if you do A LOT of business at the PRO DESK, just ask about becoming a managed account. We have some accounts that we send to VPP for any purchase, large or small. There isn't always savings though.

User Stats

Votes
Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Replied Nov 27 2015, 16:13

joshua, the managed account threshold is 1,000 you're right. it depends on how your company does business. i deal with nationally managed accounts that sends any and every order through VPP. i just posted another article about a different program people can utilize to save money on kitchen/bath items and lock sets among different items, Check it out

User Stats

Votes
Jeff B.
  • Buy & Hold Owner
  • Redlands, CA
Votes |
  • Buy & Hold Owner
  • Redlands, CA
Replied Nov 27 2015, 16:23

I use my commercial account to manage the repairs.  The detailed invoices give me precise inputs to my repair costs.

User Stats

Votes
Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Replied Nov 27 2015, 17:12

Make sure you are a member of proxtra, The receipt tracking is incredibly useful to help manage flips.