• Shrewsbury, MA
Votes |
Gas on Gas Parlor Heaters

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Posted Jan 15 2017, 13:33

Hi all,

Does anyone have a plumber/technician they would recommend in the Worcester, MA (Central Massachusetts for more keyword alerts) area who knows how to troubleshoot / maintain the old parlor heaters?

I have one that won't stay lite.  I changed out the thermal couple and it will light for about 20 minutes at a time; however, it eventually goes out.  I'm guessing the next step is to replace the gas valve, but I hate playing with anything that involves gas and I think it'll be tough to find the exact part.

Any advice or contacts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

User Stats

Votes
Ann Bellamy
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Replied Jan 16 2017, 02:39

If no one answers you here, I'd attend NWCLA (Northern Worcester County Landlord Assn) and Worcester POA.  Someone there will know 

User Stats

Votes
Tim Quinn
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Jan 16 2017, 03:47

Joe, try calling Schlamos Appliance Im Worcester.  (Not the one in Millbury).  Most plumbers seem to recommend them for the old gas on gas units so I'd expect they also work on the parlor units.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Votes |
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Replied Jan 16 2017, 09:12

Thanks Ann and Tim! 

Tim, I've bought used appliances from Schlamos, but didnt' think to call them for parts and help troubleshooting.  Thanks for the advice.

Ann, I'm meeting with a seller tomorrow night, but hope to finish up in time to catch the Black Diamond event!  

User Stats

Votes
Tim Quinn
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Mar 23 2017, 13:12

Joe, did you have any luck finding someone to fix this for you? As luck would have it I just had a unit go and called Schlamos to sechedule a fix and apparently they stopped servicing these units about a year ago.  Now scrambling to find someone in the area ...

Account Closed
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Votes |
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Replied Mar 24 2017, 06:12

Hey Tim, yes I did.  I'll send you a PM.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 29 2018, 13:07

Hey Joseph - I see this old thread from last year where you mention you find someone in Worcester, MA who knows how to troubleshoot / maintain the old parlor heaters? I am looking at the moment for someone myself. Would you be able to pass me that contact info?

Account Closed
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Votes |
  • Shrewsbury, MA
Replied Oct 31 2018, 10:25

Hey Daniel, I just shot you his info in a PM. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Max Denning
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Nov 6 2018, 07:29

Hi @Account Closed, like the others, I would appreciate a recommendation for someone that can work on parlor heaters. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Nik Marlovic
  • Quincy, MA
Votes |
  • Quincy, MA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 06:34

Joe, would you mind Publically posting your heater service provider? I'm really desperate to get one of my apartments heaters fixed please PM me when you have a moment!