Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Alex Briones
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 28 2023, 10:15

As a real estate agent, what is your perspective on the multifamily market in Louisville now?

Do you have any idea how good could renting to traveling nurses be since you mentioned the new hospital? I am looking into multifamily units with that perspective.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Aug 29 2023, 03:29
Quote from @Alex Briones:

As a real estate agent, what is your perspective on the multifamily market in Louisville now?

Do you have any idea how good could renting to traveling nurses be since you mentioned the new hospital? I am looking into multifamily units with that perspective.

Thanks

I think the midterm model is dying. I would not recommend getting into it personally. I think multifamily is a much safer route. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Pyle
  • New to Real Estate
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Sep 2 2023, 10:49
I think the midterm model is dying. I would not recommend getting into it personally. I think multifamily is a much safer route. 

Hey @Rob Bergeron! I'm relatively new to the area, staying with family for now, but have been looking at buying a multifamily place in Louisville and renting out units midterm while living in one. Curious on your perspective, why do you think the midterm model is dying? And do you think it works for multifamily properties? Or are you saying multifamily with long term leases could be the safer route?

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Sep 21 2023, 07:26
Quote from @Isaac Pyle:

Hey @Rob Bergeron! I'm relatively new to the area, staying with family for now, but have been looking at buying a multifamily place in Louisville and renting out units midterm while living in one. Curious on your perspective, why do you think the midterm model is dying? And do you think it works for multifamily properties? Or are you saying multifamily with long term leases could be the safer route?

Over saturation, hospitals are not wanting to pay the premium as much for the traveling nurses. Hospitals have not been paid for all the covid stuff yet, running at deficits.