Skip to content
Kansas City Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Nina Granberry
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Rough Estimates of Insurance for SFR in 64130?

Nina Granberry
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Oct 27 2020, 16:56

Hi BP,

I am currently analyzing properties for an owner looking to sell off his entire portfolio. As I run the numbers on these properties, I was wondering if there are any investors here that could give me an of what the annual insurance costs are for a 3/1 single family home in the 64130 area? And a duplex? The properties are not in the best condition. Thanks for your input and feedback!

User Stats

Votes
Adam Sankowski
  • Investor
  • Somerville, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Somerville, MA
Replied Oct 27 2020, 17:25

Hey @Nina Granberry I'd be very surprised if it was over $50 a month for the single family and $75 for the Duplex.  I don't have any in 64130 but I have several in 64131 and that's about my pricing there, if not a bit less.  64130 is traditionally a bit "rougher" but I can't see it being way more expensive.  I'd hit up NREIG, they are local to KCMO and I've found them to have the best prices.  I'm happy to share my contact there just PM me.  Also, I'd be interested in the portfolio or some properties in it if he's selling separately so say hi :) 

User Stats

Votes
Tesho Akindele
  • Orlando, Fl
Votes |
  • Orlando, Fl
Replied Oct 27 2020, 18:32

Hi Nina,

I have a 3br 2ba in that zip code. My policy is with NREIG, $2500 deductible, and I pay $70 per month. I also recently got a policy for a duplex in 64127, which is just north of 64130. That one is $90 a month for now because the duplex is vacant. They said when I get it occupied I should be able to get that down to $75 per month. Hope that helps!

I would also be interested in seeing some of the properties in that portfolio. Especially the duplex! I am actively buying in the area. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes