• Architect
  • Papillion, NE
Votes |
Help determining rental price

Jim Adrian
  • Architect
  • Papillion, NE
Posted May 12 2017, 12:52

Accidental landlord here looking for some help.  Just finished renovating my 2 br 1 bath house in Papillion after my first tenants moved out after 2 1/2 years.  I am having trouble establishing market value. Its been 2 weeks or so and I have dropped the price once already and considering doing it again.  I am getting a lot of lookey lou people.   I have it listed at $1250 and the previous rent was $1000.   I have now remodeled the bathroom, removed the carpet and then refinished the hardwood floors, painted the entire house,  removed the random walls in the basement.  Everyone says it looks great but they throw out a $800 low ball offer on facebook as they want something for nothing.  Do I need a little more patients or am I just high?   I have it listed on craigslist, Zillow, facebook, trulia, hotpads.  I have tried a variety of descriptions and people don't seem to read them.  Am I being unrealistic with my price?  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/house_type/6646283_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/41.151265,-96.041159,41.148853,-96.045472_rect/17_zm/

Loading replies...