• Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Hickory, NC RE Investing

Paul Pessina
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Aug 7 2016, 17:00

Good evening BP....I'm local to the Charlotte, NC area and was looking at Hickory, NC as a new opportunity for buy and hold rental properties. I have spoke with several PMs to get an idea on rental rates for different neighborhoods. Any thoughts on Hickory, NC for buy ad hold investing, or any specific areas where you have had good success? Just trying to get familiar with the city and narrow my search.

Thanks, Paul

User Stats

Votes
Ronnie Z.
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 7 2016, 17:12

Hi Paul,

I'm local to Charlotte area and a newbie to investment space. Kind of at similar stage where I'm trying to get sense if where/what kind of cash flows I can get. Looking for townhomes/sfr. 

I'm primarily looking in South Charlotte but haven't found good cash flows above $100 or $200. Would like to share my experience as well as here from you.

Cheers

Ronnie

User Stats

Votes
Alex Franks
  • Rock Hill, SC
Votes |
  • Rock Hill, SC
Replied Aug 7 2016, 17:41
Originally posted by @Paul Pessina:

Good evening BP....I'm local to the Charlotte, NC area and was looking at Hickory, NC as a new opportunity for buy and hold rental properties. I have spoke with several PMs to get an idea on rental rates for different neighborhoods. Any thoughts on Hickory, NC for buy ad hold investing, or any specific areas where you have had good success? Just trying to get familiar with the city and narrow my search.

Thanks, Paul

@Paul Pessina I been around for a bit but I think we are going to start seeing 45 mile radius becoming more and more popular around Charlotte as the city grows.

Alex

Pm me if I can ever help answer any questions  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
  • Severna Park, MD
Replied Aug 7 2016, 18:33

My wife has  family in Hickory , I am going there this week .   I thing Google has an office there , this would be a good thing . But as I drove around  there was a lot of empty new car dealerships , and freight terminals .  I am in Maryland / Dc area .  I felt rich there in Hickory . I talked to some contractors , and landscapers last time I was there , work is scarce . Good paying jobs , are an hour away . 

User Stats

Votes
Steven Muller
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Oct 16 2016, 18:22

Hickory isnt great... Id rather have you focus in the Mooresville area... East of Lake Norman.. great area......

User Stats

Votes
Cliff T.
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Jan 27 2020, 17:47

@Steven Muller - do you still feel the same way about Hickory?

User Stats

Votes
Alek Foy
  • Hickory, NC
Votes |
  • Hickory, NC
Replied Jun 26 2020, 05:56

@Cliff T. Hickory is not mooresville but it is defiantly up and coming the city has been doing lots of things to improve and more new development has come. Also not in the same price range as mooresville

User Stats

Votes
Terrance Clark
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Hickory, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Hickory, NC
Replied Aug 22 2020, 12:42

Have is 70 units in Hickory under management, love the hickory market for just about all things RE!