Votes
Eric Eckman
  • Lyndhurst, OH
Votes |
Property Manager for Short Term Rentals in Lake Norman/Charlotte

Eric Eckman
  • Lyndhurst, OH
Posted Jul 7 2021, 08:44

Any recommendations for a Property Manager for a home in Sherrills Ford on Lake Norman that we'd like to use for Short Term Rentals? Need a good property manager.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Smith
  • Realtor
  • Rock Hill, SC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Rock Hill, SC
Replied Jul 7 2021, 15:30

Hey Eric! Are you looking specifically for a licensed property manager, or are you looking for someone to host your STR and handle the day-to-day operations while you make passive income?

User Stats

Votes
Eric Eckman
  • Lyndhurst, OH
Votes |
  • Lyndhurst, OH
Replied Jul 7 2021, 18:30

@Jordan Smith I am looking for soup to nuts. Think I have found a great fit.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Christian Stoecklein
  • Accountant
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 11 2021, 04:55

@Jordan Smith what is the difference between the licensed PM and the other option you mentioned. When would you need a licensed PM vs not? I often wondered that. What is the rules and what is the practical items to consider?

Thank you!

Christian

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Smith
  • Realtor
  • Rock Hill, SC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Rock Hill, SC
Replied Jul 11 2021, 18:45

@Christian Stoecklein some folks prefer an actual PM company for one reason or another. It doesn't make much sense to me, since it's a totally different approach to investing and has different nuances and needs. In my mind, a good STR manager is part marketer, part hospitality host, part project manager, and understands the investment side as well.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Herting
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 13 2021, 07:53

Hey @Eric Eckman, You got to connect with Mary and Marco Ceccarelli from Itrip - https://www.itrip.net/property... 

They Specialize in property management for STR soup to nuts. Let them know Ryan sent you.

Also, shout out to my man @Jordan Smith! Realtor extraordinaire!!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Jul 13 2021, 08:44
Originally posted by @Christian Stoecklein:

@Jordan Smith what is the difference between the licensed PM and the other option you mentioned. When would you need a licensed PM vs not? I often wondered that. What is the rules and what is the practical items to consider?

Thank you! Christian

In some states you are required to be licensed or to be a real estate agent to manage other people' properties. It doesn't make you better or worse, it's just the law. Accountability I suppose, is the only upside. But people seem to rarely be held accountable either for malfeasance or neglect anyway, in both fields.

User Stats

Votes
Jim Kittridge
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 21 2021, 11:15

Rabbu is pretty popular. I'd reach out to those guys.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Belles
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 27 2021, 07:56

Hi @Eric Eckman, I've been doing research and think I found a good option in Mynd. They're a tech-enabled company that does soup to nuts PM (everything from marketing the listing, lease agreements, maintenance, handling evictions). I interviewed a sales rep last week and felt good after the conversation.

Worth noting I have no experience using them yet personally, so would recommend additional due diligence if you consider. 

Link below:

https://www.mynd.co/locations/...

User Stats

Votes
Tony Pellettieri
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Replied Mar 7 2024, 23:56

We use a PM for all of our rentals. I'd highly recommend Julie Vanslambrook with First Properties of the Carolinas, Inc. She has MANY years of experience in the industry in the area and is VERY reasonably priced.

Good Luck!