Memphis Apartment Syndication

5 Replies

Hey Guys,

I am planning on breaking into the apartment world with my first syndication! I am a wholesaler / flipper in CT, but I have no interest in the rental market up there. I am about to send a LOI on a property I am pretty nervous going through the process for the first time. I assume this is just part of the process. Are there any other apartment guys on here?

@Justin Emmert How big is the property and are you aware of the additional taxes on Multi Families in Memphis?

also if your goal is to make a big value-add play by making the nicer and raising the rents... You might have difficulty with that if the property is in the Raleigh Egypt frayser area

I am familiar with the Memphis area and would be interested in the details. 

@Richard Sherman I took the taxes from the 2017 year and added 10% for the calculations, are the additional taxes newer than that?  @Jackson Long   It is a value add the comps have rents about 100$ more than the current, I also contacted a property manager who verified the rent bump (he actually project +150).  @James Wachob I'll sned you a PM about it

@Justin Emmert no, that is accurate. Sometimes people will take just the residential rate and not realize Multi is taxed at a higher rate.  Make SURE you talk to several property managers that manage properties in THAT exact area.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here