• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Mortgages for Seniors in Australia: I need a lender

Garrett M.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Sep 16 2018, 20:49
Dear BP friends, I am trying to help Family in Sydney, Australia to find a mortgage lender that works with seniors. They are 69 and 65 and are saying they can’t get a mortgage. They are buying in a town 90 minutes from Sydney and currently own no real property. They have plenty for a down payment. The home is approximately 600k. Can anyone recommend a strategy or a specifIc lender that can work with older Australians? Could I be a guarantor for them? I would deeply appreciate any advice!! Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Lindsay Stewart
  • Investor
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Replied Sep 18 2018, 19:57

G'day Garrett.  I have a couple of lenders i use here in Australia that I could refer to you, if that helps.  Unsure if you as a US citizen can go guarantor or not, but I am sure the mortgage broker could tell you this.  PM me and I can give you the details.

Their difficultly is probably their serviceability on the loans as banks assume that once at retirement age in AU (65+) that they are going to give up work if they haven't already.  Maybe a guarantor or similar might help.  Anyway, hit me up if you want details

Chees

Lindsay