All the active BP members, raise your hand!

All the active BP members, raise your hand!

Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes

I'm fairly new to BP and curious how many local members are actually active on the site. I'm new to the area and would love to meet new folks in town.  If you don't mind, please introduce yourself and let me and everyone else  know what your are currently looking for. Whether it's a specific type of property, real estate professional, tradesmen, good sandwich shop, etc. Thanks!

7Reply
95 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y

GREETINGS BP family, I'm Joe Tran, BORN and RAISED in Vancouver, WA since 1986!  I'm 33 years young, graduated from Washington State University in 2013 with a doctorate in Pharmacy, lived in East Vancouver for 18 years and relocated to the Brush Prairie/Orchards area.  I've been house hacking since the dorm days in 2005, and now house hack on a whole new level with a properties in Seattle, Vancouver, WA, and Hillsboro, OR which generate about $2.5K/mo passive income for me.

Taking real estate more closely, I picked up my real estate license a few months ago and am now with Berkshire Hathaway homes in Vancouver, WA.  I still work full-time as a consultant pharmacist to feed the savings, but spend a great deal of time working on the real estate business.  My goals is to expand my RE profile and take my house hacking to the next level.  Looking into multifamily, duplex, or even a small apartment project.  I have friends and family who are contractors, journeymen, and loan officers that would make a great team.  I'd like to expand the portfolio into areas of growth -- Ridgefield, WA, DT Vancouver Waterfront, East Vancouver, or into the Hockinson area.

I'd love to connect with like-minded friends in the area to get things rolling.  Even with an impeding downturn in the RE market, I'm always optimistic and looking to find the next opportunity to immerse myself in.  Send me a hello, let's see what you're up to in this market!

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 76 votes
    7y

    Hello Kent. I'm considering the Vancouver area for a move next year (escaping Silicon Valley). If we decide on Vancouver, I'd look for an SFH or small multifamily with RV space. Good springboard for more deals later on.

    I've spoken with a couple locals here on BP, and even met with one (local agent, good guy) when we visited a few months ago. I'll tag him if he doesn't respond himself.

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hey Kent,

    BP is what inspired me to get involved with real estate in 2015. Always looking to meet more like-minded people around here. I’m currently cutting my teeth as an agent! I’d love to meet up anytime.

    I’m looking to build more relationships with wholesalers and investors. I’d like to buy another home in the next 2 years and rent my current residence.

    Cheers!

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    Hey @Chris Williams ! What might bring you to Vancouver! Do you have family in the area? Who was the agent you met with? I love meeting fellow BP members. I'll keep an eye out for a property with the RV space!

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    Hello @Tyler Boni ! Yep BP is pretty awesome. I'd love to meet up as well and see how we can help each other out! 

  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 76 votes
    7y

    @Kent Nielson A friend who used to live there recommended it to me, a while back. We visited a few months ago and found it a pleasant area. If the job situation works out for me, it would do nicely.

    We met with @James Dishongh, who kindly took a day & showed us around. We saw some very nice properties. James did a great job hunting up properties that suited our needs.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I'm fairly new to BP and already like this site. I live in Camas, WA and like to invest in real estate. (house flipping, vacation rentals etc.) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Washougal, WA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    Hello everyone.  

    I live in Washougal.   If any of you want to partner on a build on the Washington coast, Ocean Shores, wa.  I have the lot free and clear.  plans approved and lot is cleared.   If you are interested, lets talk about how we can structure it and make it happen.    I have a person interested in purchasing the lot, but i would rather build.  

    the project is a 864 sq ft cabin.  cost to build, if done by us/me would be about 100k.  if builder does it, around 135kish.  should sell for 180-190k.   budget and bids are in place for owner builder.  don't have bids from builders.  everyone is busy in Ocean shores.    

  • Rental Property Investor · Washougal, WA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 18 votes
    7y
  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    Hi @Kent Nielson!

    I'm living in the Portland, OR area as a real estate agent/electrician. But I invest out of state in Tennessee. 

    Currently looking for more folks who do syndication deals and are willing to let me ask questions and learn as much as I can before I do my own deals. RE Attorneys would be great as well. And always in need of a GREAT accountant who is taking on more clients.

    Glad you made this post! I also host real estate meetups in Portland and Beaverton. PM and I'd love to send you the meetup page so we can meet in person. I'm hosting one tonight actually!

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    Hello @Vitaliy Kovalenko! Welcome to BP! I'm looking to meet everyone I can, so hopefully we can meet up! Is there anything you are looking for in particular? Contractor, home in a certain area, agent, etc?

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    Hey @Vic Liang

    I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you make it to Vancouver much?

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    @DeWayne Mann

    Dude I know you! I'll send you a PM!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Amboy, WA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    Hey Kent!

    I’m new to BP and real estate investing but not to the Vancouver area! 

    I’d love to meet up sometime with all of you that are in the Vancouver / Clark county area.

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    Hey Rion! Welcome to BP and investing! Where abouts do you live? I'm always looking to meet up with other BP folks. Hopefully there will be a meetup put together soon :(

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Amboy, WA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    I'm in the north county area, kinda out in the sticks a bit and looking at a property even further out........ but I work for an electrical contractor (Tradesmen Electric) based out of Battle Ground and the project I am working on for the summer is in Portland so I am through Vancouver regularly. Wednesday evenings should work great for me to make a meetup, perhaps we do it over pizza at one of the local joints - Schmizza in Salmon Creek comes to mind.

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I like the meet up idea. I live in the hazel dale area and would participate in a meet up. Wednesday's are the only day that do not work for me but I would be interested in any other day.

    Also, any recommendations for a real estate attorney in Vancouver? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Camas, WA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Kent Nielson I’m new to the bigger pockets forums. I’ve been living in the area since 2004 and I love it. I’m currently just starting to get into real estate investment and I’m just reading and learning as much as I can before I get my feet wet

  • Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    GREETINGS BP family, I'm Joe Tran, BORN and RAISED in Vancouver, WA since 1986!  I'm 33 years young, graduated from Washington State University in 2013 with a doctorate in Pharmacy, lived in East Vancouver for 18 years and relocated to the Brush Prairie/Orchards area.  I've been house hacking since the dorm days in 2005, and now house hack on a whole new level with a properties in Seattle, Vancouver, WA, and Hillsboro, OR which generate about $2.5K/mo passive income for me.

    Taking real estate more closely, I picked up my real estate license a few months ago and am now with Berkshire Hathaway homes in Vancouver, WA.  I still work full-time as a consultant pharmacist to feed the savings, but spend a great deal of time working on the real estate business.  My goals is to expand my RE profile and take my house hacking to the next level.  Looking into multifamily, duplex, or even a small apartment project.  I have friends and family who are contractors, journeymen, and loan officers that would make a great team.  I'd like to expand the portfolio into areas of growth -- Ridgefield, WA, DT Vancouver Waterfront, East Vancouver, or into the Hockinson area.

    I'd love to connect with like-minded friends in the area to get things rolling.  Even with an impeding downturn in the RE market, I'm always optimistic and looking to find the next opportunity to immerse myself in.  Send me a hello, let's see what you're up to in this market!

  • Accountant · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 71 votes
    7y

    @Joe Tran

    Really love the positivity Joe! Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods. Would love to get connected. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Kent Nielson

    Hey everyone!

    I'm a Ridgefield local, born and raised! I currently have one SFR and am house hacking another one. I got the idea a few years ago when I met my now girlfriend who owned a house and was house hacking and living free! After that I was hooked on REI.

    I am currently saving capital to eventually look at investing out of state at medium size multifamily (8-24 units) whole I continue to try and find and house hack small multi families (2-4 units) in the Vancouver metro area.

    I think a Vancouver meet up would be great! I’d be in! Feel free to reach out and contact me if you guys need anything.

  • Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Kent Nielson did you ever get a group together. I'd be interested in trying out the mastermind format with some Vancouver locals or just do a casual get together to geek out on REI over beers. I'm fairly new to REI but I'm starting on my 3rd out of state SFR in six months. I'm interested in learning from others about how to self-manage remote properties as-well-as share my experiences.

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 60 votes
    7y

    @Kent Nielson What's new?  I would be very interested in the meetup as well.  As @Tim Santeford suggests....a casual group over beers durin the week would be awesome.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Uwe G., @Tim Santeford, @Carter Thomas, and @Adam Rasmussen, I don't know if @Kent Nielson is still around for this feed, but better to take action than not, especially if it's over some beers after work!  You guys down for Smokin' Oak BBQ in downtown Vancouver?  Great brews and BBQ, otherwise the eastside we can stick with The Hammond or Hopworks. I can put a table down for all of us, Tue, Wed, or Thu 7:30PM work for us?  Pick a restaurant and let me know your availability for all 3 days and I'll go with the one day and place where we all can attend.  Thanks guys.

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 60 votes
    7y

    Hi @Joe Tran, Thursday's at 7:30 PM works for me.  Even earlier like 6:00 PM would work or be preferred.  I like the west side of town and love Smokin' Oak...it is a great spot.  I will send you my email so you can send me a reoccuring calendar invite.

  • Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    @Joe Tran, @Uwe G., @Tim Santeford, @Carter Thomas, @Adam Rasmussen

    Sorry fellas, I got a bit distracted with a little family side project. But you had me at @beer, and @BBQ lol. I'm down. I'm available anytime after about 4 or so. Looking forward to it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.