Skip to content
Milwaukee Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes

Big Names in Milwaukee

Posted Jul 26 2019, 18:06

Hello there!

I'm looking at investing in a couple of markets here in Wisconsin, namely Milwaukee or Madison, and I hope by looking at some of the bigger investors I will be able to learn something, I'm still new at this and still in High School and I hope that I can learn more. I also posted a similar post (really similar) on the Madison forums so any replies from either posts are really appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Balderas
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jul 26 2019, 18:31

@Victor Martinez Lazaro

Feel free to reach out if you need an agent here in Milwaukee. I locally own my company and would be glad to help set you on the right path.

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Auerbach
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Replied Jul 27 2019, 05:47

@Victor Martinez Lazaro congratulations for signing up to BP! Be sure to check out the book section; literally every single one is worth reading. And you've got over 300 podcasts to catch up to. As far as big names in Milwaukee I would suggest come to the Brew City meetings; you'll find them posted on FB. See you around!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Ackerman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur
  • Mid West, East Coast
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur
  • Mid West, East Coast
Replied Jul 28 2019, 19:42

@Victor Martinez Lazaro congrats on setting your sights on MKE.  It is a great market for cash flow.  What are you looking to accomplish?  Also get yourself a profile picture man.  You will get more responses that way.  All the best.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 28 2019, 20:17

@Shawn Ackerman

Hey there! I'm looking to buy and hold, renting out the unit(s) while holding. Also I'm not very photogenic so I don't really have any good pictures of me, anyhow thanks for the reply!

User Stats

Votes
Brett Kash
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jul 29 2019, 03:40

@Victor Martinez Lazaro

Welcome to BP! I’ll echo the previous posts and suggest reading some books, listening to the podcasts, and considering attending a local investor meetup. Many are free or just a couple dollars to attend (or free to attend as a guest). Advice is to just get your hands on some resources and start learning. Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Schramer
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jul 29 2019, 10:50

@Victor Martinez Lazaro, as everyone else said, check out all of the valuable knowledge you can gain from the website.  Most investors are willing to help you learn, but you need to be the one to take action, no one will make you successful except yourself.

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Aug 24 2019, 14:15

The lucky thing I have found is that there are some big names in Milwaukee that you may come across that have only gotten to be big names because they understand that building a successful career in real estate means that they have to network, have a good reputation and treat people well.  You don't actively find a mentor, it sort of just happens.  You will know when this opportunity presents itself.  I met one of mine at a neighborhood get together after we found we had some common interests.  Turns out he was a big name real estate guy in town!  

To attract a mentor, show that you are teachable, have passion for what you are doing, and show them that you are following their advice.  Once a career real estate person has success and a large nest egg, they mostly keep doing it for the "process" and sharing what they have learned can be extremely rewarding.  

You have youth, which is incredible.  Work on your mindset.  Work on your "why."  Work on integrity, being genuine, and personal development.  The mentors will see these things and will love to help you when the time comes.

User Stats

Votes
Brock Mogensen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Aug 25 2019, 16:51

I invest in the Milwaukee market and find good opportunity there.  I have yet to buy anything in Madison but I know the competition and prices there are higher.