Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Fondant
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
Jerry Norton programs ($10k finder fee - Powerflipper)

Lisa Fondant
  • Spring, TX
Posted Feb 1 2015, 14:07

Let's discuss Jerry Norton's Powerflipper 3.0 with a finder's fee of $10,000 for any deal you find them.  I THINK IT'S A SCAM.  If anyone has had success of has had a deal accepted by them where they actually paid them the $10,000 finder fee... please reply to my discussion.  Of if you have ANYTHING to say about Jerry Norton's programs that others should be aware of, please feel free to share.  

User Stats

Votes
Scott Swanson
  • Griffith, IN
Votes |
  • Griffith, IN
Replied Feb 6 2022, 08:14

Jay,

I totally agree with your statements. I'd be a fool to think they'd make more strictly wholesaling. After reading my post, I failed to mention a couple of things because I didn't want to write a book! The issue I have with most of these guys, is that their courses are not complete. There's so many things that are left out. Important things are left out. They're not state specific either. For what some of them charge, they should be ashamed of themselves. Basically I'm talking about ethics. They hype up people and it works. People fall pray to their antics. That's what bothers me. Heck, you give me $10k and I'll get you an sfr that cash flows at a minimum of 8%. Give them $10k and God only knows what will happen.

As far as the wholesaling "dream," you're right. Everyone thinks exactly what you stated. They'll buy a course, read it and think that in 5 years they'll be millionaires. We both know that isn't the case. BUT, these guru's make it sound like that's what will happen if you buy their course. That's what I don't like about them. Plus wholesaling is hyped up everywhere you look. People think it's easy money. That couldn't be further from the truth and we both know that. People don't realize the amount of work that's needed to be successful. Everywhere you look on the internet, people make wholesaling sound easy. There's way too many lies out there. If you're not willing to work your butt off for a long time, you won't succeed in wholesaling. The guru's "play" on people and make them think they'll have riches, if they just buy their course and that's what upsets me. The people who buy these courses think their problem's are over. It doesn't work that way. I get upset when I see them tell their "fairy tales" about how much people can/will make, if they buy their course. On the flip side, most people don't want to do the work it takes, to be successful. They think they can take a course and bam.....the big bucks start rolling in. They're kidding themselves. But the guru's play on that as well. That's what concerns me. Look how successful you are. I'm fairly certain if I asked you to tell all of us your "story," busting your rear end and never giving up would be on your list. Frustration and feeling lost would be on the list too. It takes far more work to succeed in wholesaling, than most people will ever know. Many of them need to wake up and smell the coffee.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 6 2022, 08:51

@Scott Swanson   Keep in mind what your seeing in the real estate training space and how this is presented started way back when in MLM  Amway etc ..  exact same presentations. 

you start with the pictures of the family  why do we do this  we do this so we can spend time with the kiddos  ( who is going to disagree with that)  then you put up like sperber pictures of his lambo  who does not want that LOL..

you bring in professional actors to do the set up meetings and create the funnel to drive them to the big events or big dollar programs..

I have been around this personally for years  I was a vendor at Armando Montalongos how to flip houses seminars  a little bit with Rich dad  and lastly with Nick Vertucci's program..  It was pretty interesting watching this all play out.. I have been to Utah and meet with 3 different fulfillment companies who run these guys programs this is a well Choreographed business and presentation behind the curtain.. Most folks just dont know it.. They all think they are going to a meeting and the lovely Christina is going to be there to show them how to remodel a home.

The folks that are TV reality show stars ( other than ARmando) simply rent their name and make a bundle doing that. they might show up at the big event and talk for 30 minutes shake some hands and down the road they go. I watched the flipping Vegas stars do that exact same thing at a Vegas event they get up there for 30 minutes out of the 3 day event.. His big secret make 25 offers a day well in the crash of Vegas that could have worked but today come on really ???

So its just very physiological warfare against these potential students.. sell them on futures  paint a rosy picture tug at their heartstrings get them all motivated to spend money then let the go at it.. And like any big money making business maybe 1 out 25 or so does anything that could be deemed successful the others just sell their books and tapes on E bay for 50 bucks.

Now to be fair and balanced like fox news I have met folks at these events that paid the 30k  during evening break and a glass of wine i would ask them what brought you here.. I remember one of them telling me he just sold his business for many millions and was curious and 30k was nothing to him.. but you take those who have to borrow the 30 k and well that can be very bad for them if they dont do anything with the course.

Lastly my wife was a trainer for Floyd Wickman back in the day .. you maybe familiar with his Son Gino's motivational books. Mr. Wickman class's were aimed at helping RE agents get to the next level and since my wife was a top producer and managed 70 agents she was very good at it..  But as some one who was raised in this business has owned 3 brokerages I can tell you that only 10 to 20% of agents make 80% of the revenue wash out rate is high.. with Wholesaling I suggest that only 5 % who try it are still doing it in a year and in any given market there will be a handful of wholesalers that do pretty good to very good the rest just trundle along now granted if they make 50 to 100k a year in the mid west and were used to making 20 to 30k in their JOB this is a big improvement over where they were at.. But its not millions !!!  Top producing real estate agents in many market make over a million a year with a whole heck of a lot of them making 200 to 500k.. the other 60 % of agents will not make much but it could be a secondary job and they are not the primary income producer in the family..  My wife last year closed 28 million by herself NOT a team thats by herself.. Ergo I do all the cooking and cleaning  LOL

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eric James
  • Malakoff, TX
Votes |
  • Malakoff, TX
Replied Feb 6 2022, 09:35
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Scott Swanson   Keep in mind what your seeing in the real estate training space and how this is presented started way back when in MLM  Amway etc ..  exact same presentations. 

you start with the pictures of the family  why do we do this  we do this so we can spend time with the kiddos  ( who is going to disagree with that)  then you put up like sperber pictures of his lambo  who does not want that LOL..

you bring in professional actors to do the set up meetings and create the funnel to drive them to the big events or big dollar programs..

I have been around this personally for years  I was a vendor at Armando Montalongos how to flip houses seminars  a little bit with Rich dad  and lastly with Nick Vertucci's program..  It was pretty interesting watching this all play out.. I have been to Utah and meet with 3 different fulfillment companies who run these guys programs this is a well Choreographed business and presentation behind the curtain.. Most folks just dont know it.. They all think they are going to a meeting and the lovely Christina is going to be there to show them how to remodel a home.

The folks that are TV reality show stars ( other than ARmando) simply rent their name and make a bundle doing that. they might show up at the big event and talk for 30 minutes shake some hands and down the road they go. I watched the flipping Vegas stars do that exact same thing at a Vegas event they get up there for 30 minutes out of the 3 day event.. His big secret make 25 offers a day well in the crash of Vegas that could have worked but today come on really ???

So its just very physiological warfare against these potential students.. sell them on futures  paint a rosy picture tug at their heartstrings get them all motivated to spend money then let the go at it.. And like any big money making business maybe 1 out 25 or so does anything that could be deemed successful the others just sell their books and tapes on E bay for 50 bucks.

Now to be fair and balanced like fox news I have met folks at these events that paid the 30k  during evening break and a glass of wine i would ask them what brought you here.. I remember one of them telling me he just sold his business for many millions and was curious and 30k was nothing to him.. but you take those who have to borrow the 30 k and well that can be very bad for them if they dont do anything with the course.

Lastly my wife was a trainer for Floyd Wickman back in the day .. you maybe familiar with his Son Gino's motivational books. Mr. Wickman class's were aimed at helping RE agents get to the next level and since my wife was a top producer and managed 70 agents she was very good at it..  But as some one who was raised in this business has owned 3 brokerages I can tell you that only 10 to 20% of agents make 80% of the revenue wash out rate is high.. with Wholesaling I suggest that only 5 % who try it are still doing it in a year and in any given market there will be a handful of wholesalers that do pretty good to very good the rest just trundle along now granted if they make 50 to 100k a year in the mid west and were used to making 20 to 30k in their JOB this is a big improvement over where they were at.. But its not millions !!!  Top producing real estate agents in many market make over a million a year with a whole heck of a lot of them making 200 to 500k.. the other 60 % of agents will not make much but it could be a secondary job and they are not the primary income producer in the family..  My wife last year closed 28 million by herself NOT a team thats by herself.. Ergo I do all the cooking and cleaning  LOL

It doesn't hurt that your wife has a client (you) that gives her all his new builds to sell, lol.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 6 2022, 11:14
Originally posted by @Eric James:
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

It doesn't hurt that your wife has a client (you) that gives her all his new builds to sell, lol.

Touche' there is that but our product we owned was only 15 million of it and if she was not selling our houses we own she would be selling someone elses.. the point is if you put in the work know what your doing after about 5 to 7 years in a market were average sale prices are 400k and up there is a strong chance you will make 100 to 300k a year and your marketing budget will be a fraction of what a wholesaler spends to try to generate their income. And again there are the 1% er wholesalers that kill it.. I do business with a few  I fund the deals they want to  wholetail so they can double or quadruple their profit compared to an assignment fee. 

Either way sales is dog tough and the vast majority of folks out there watching these u tubes and getting excited simply do not have the chops to do sales its not in their DNA or personality  or family situation.

Our Daughter in Vegas who has been selling RE for 9 years now is doing very very well.. She moved into the Lux market and has been closing 1 to 3 million dollar sales with regularity .  she started out doing leasing for 1k commissions now she sells one of those big houses she knocks down 30 to 60k on one deal with very little overhead to do it.. the big difference between being a seasoned agent and a wholesaler is wholesaler is only as good as their marketing and their next deal.. And your generally not always but generally dealing with folks that only own a single property or very few not the sharpest tool in the shed other wise they would not be letting wholesalers step in and make more than a normal fee..  So once your done with them you have to find another property to wholesale ..

My point is once you have been in the RE sales end of it and your successful your going to get referrals and a lot of them.. A simple phone call or e mail  Hey you sold my friends house they loved you would you come to our house and help us like you did them.

My wife got one yesterday daughter of one of her clients.. she has a 600k house to sell and wants to buy a 750k house .. She is meeting on Wednesday to take the listing and find her a new home ( probably one of mine though LOL)    But that is what I see the main difference in wholesaling without a license and licensed agents who do it for a living.  Most wholesale thread you read first thing out of their mouth is  Hey I am only doing this so I can get some cash to buy rentals and enough rentals so i don't have to work.. well there is work in all this the whole mind set that real estate will allow you not to work is misplaced in my mind.

User Stats

Votes
Loretta Wills
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 7 2022, 07:53

Hello all, I am a newbie and decided to get into Wholesaling.  I thank you all for your posts, although this information is dated a few years ago, Jerry & Friends are still promoting and now calling it Fast Track.  They are still asking for $1K, which I will keep and do the work myself.  Jerry videos are quite informative and helpful in guiding the whole deal.  Happy Investing Friends.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2022, 18:00

its real and I would like to hook up with him.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 5 2022, 12:25

Hello I have a lead , very new lol who and how can help me 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 11 2022, 17:35

I have to say Jerry Norton is an upstanding down to earth guy. Just check out for yourself don't believe me. The guy has over 500 YouTube videos teaching you how to do deals step by step. I've bought Real Estate courses that don't have as much useful information. The guy even makes calls to difficult seller's live right infront of you so you can hear what an expert does to overcome objectives.. Talk about a mentor and coach.. I dare you to go to your local REIA and ask the top investor to walk you through a deal and let you listen in on a call.. Hell Jerry calls live for nearly 2 hours on one vide. Some people are looking for an instant deal by doing employee level work. It takes time persistence and focus. Not just doing 2 or 3 things and turning on jeopardy.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 7 2023, 05:54

I learned everything i need to know about wholesaling,  just by watching his free videos on youtube. 

User Stats

Votes
Emilio Mejia
  • Hollywood, FL
Votes |
  • Hollywood, FL
Replied Feb 12 2023, 15:10
Quote from @HAZEL DAWSON:

John D: any update after the presentation?

I purchased/still going through tutorials, entering data and trying to learn the program.  So far, the lots I have picked are much higher priced than what would be acceptable in the program - still hunting!

hi... did you have any success? I found several lots but my offers were never accepted. I stopped for 3 years but i'm back at it

User Stats

Votes
Heloisa J.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Mar 12 2023, 21:26

I have been tempted to look up information about this "thing"... It was an (annoying) paid ad popup left corner in a YouTube video I was watching, and I was about to shut it down, because it is what it is, a paid ad = they expect to sell a product, and they advertised it. Google ai's are cheap af, expect these ads not to match so well your preferences.

It is amazing how this "thing" is still going on, been chewed and ruminated in this forum since 8 years ago based on the first inquiry here.

Now here a simple fact for you to check: 1) When you click on the ad, it directs to whatever landing page to sell a product of their business. I can make such pages in no time and hide that the website is a free website... That's how it rolls, and 2) if you do NOT give information (please do not!) about you (especially NOT your email, keep it safe), about a few seconds after (it is a setting, setup s..., whatever) it pops up another offer right on your face (meaning, they keep trying you to whatever cross selling, it is really a simple sales tactic, a psychological trigger to urge you to a decision to buy something). 3) Close the damned pop up, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and check anything on the footer that says "Privacy Notice - Terms of Use - Disclaimer" (It will be active and linked to another page, if it is underscored on hover of your mouse) - I went for the sweet "Terms of Use" - this is either a bought or internet stolen general legal terms twisted a little to fit their business verbiage façade (but you will see many errors of any kind), and here is the thing: legitimate businesses are really verifiable, and provide legitimate links! As simple as that! For a fact, they have a "postal address" (they do NOT name it "business" address, notice that... and btw, this is a bought virtual address, look it up, and y'all shall find plenty in the sea, and please, do not spend $1,000 or whatever, or worse, your precious, billable time = money on it. 
Our postal address is: (Write them a love letter at your own peril, it will bounce or return with a package - maybe cokes, try your luck, but I would not!)
151 Calle de San Francisco
Ste 200 PMB 1008
San Juan, PR 00901-1607

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 28 2023, 13:11

Thank you all for this much needed info

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 31 2023, 15:42
Quote from @Frank Nolan:

News Flash! If anyone finds a deal that meet the criteria Jerry is looking for then contact me and I will take it and pay you 10k and you wont even have to pay anything up front. I am sure there are plenty of cash buyers looking for deals at 65% ARV.

Helen Head of Jacksonville FL and surrounding areas, here. Look me up in Google H3 Properties or H3 Properties LLC.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 31 2023, 15:49
Quote from @Frank Nolan:

News Flash! If anyone finds a deal that meet the criteria Jerry is looking for then contact me and I will take it and pay you 10k and you wont even have to pay anything up front. I am sure there are plenty of cash buyers looking for deals at 65% ARV.

Helen Head of Jacksonville FL and surrounding areas, here. Look me up in Google H3 Properties or H3 Properties LLC.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 31 2023, 15:55

Thanks a lot BP for this Topic. I have $10K fake checks from Jerry Norton in my "Millionaire" piggy bank waiting for the real ones to come in. 😂😁 However, after reading thru this thread; I will not buy anything from Jerry Norton, and if his YouTube channel wasn't educational- I wouldn't watch those either. THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR SHARING your experiences!!! Greatly appreciated!!! 

I'm Helen Head, a Wholesaler in Jacksonville FL if anyone would like to connect and partner. Look for me in Google H3 Properties LLC or without the LLC.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 20 2023, 14:19

Thank you all for posting honest questions and experiences, I agree, the scam as I see it, is, pay the money for the "money making program"  Find me a unbelievable deal (if you can on your own time) and the guru will pay you $10,000 IF it meets his criteria (read small print, tons of exclusions and conditions!)

I'm a small contractor and builder and I'm looking for Sub-2s or Seller finance properties in Austin Texas, and I will definitely pay $10--15 k cash, no ******** for the right deal.

Jerrys deal would be sweet (for him) if it worked, ie get hundreds of people to pay you money to find great RE deals and then only pay for the super sweet deals (and then take plenty of promotional photo shots to post on the web site to impress more potential buyers for the software program and couching)

Obviously the other huge issue that new and hopeful RE investors MUST consider is... CAN they actually price, start and complete a remodel thru to finished presentable and sellable quality?.

Remodeling is not a casual part time hobby.

Wishing everyone good luck, keep your eyes and ears open for the scams.

PS: I heard this aphorism once: If your in a sales presentation or sales meeting and you cant identify or see who the suckers are...Guess what, there sitting in your chair. Be aware!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Toosweet
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville FL
Replied Aug 22 2023, 11:56

I here so many people saying its a Scam But, those are the people who don't want to work, jerry has given you all the tools to find leads easy. All you really have to do is find the buyers yourself...you want to sit around and wait for a check from jerry Wow? I wish I had the $1,000 just for the deal genie and the deal cruncher. Even if Jerry never buys a deal from me with the tools he gives its worth 10 times over if you are not afraid to Hustle. I wish I had the $1,000 now but I can wait until I get my first deal. you don't need Jerry Norton as a buyer so How is it a Scam?

User Stats

Votes
Farhad Khan
  • New to Real Estate
  • Saint Louis
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Saint Louis
Replied Sep 22 2023, 20:09
Quote from @Jay Statzer:

First thing I noticed was the 4 testimonials online in videos never tell you what the deal was, Not how much offered, not how much repair, not what ARV, just a bunch of scripted, formatted empty gratitude. Plus none ever mention a deal after the first. Comments are disabled, yeah I know they mostly attract trolls, but maybe they would include some amens? I looked at this and passed. I see the deal Genie in others' programs for less entry cost. Thanks BP community for giving us these forums.

Hello,
         What similar programs do you know? Would you please share?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 21 2023, 04:52
Quote from @John DuBois:

I received a brochure inviting me to a Jerry Norton webinar for Thurs-Feb5-2015. I will attend and comment back here afterwards.The brochure is offerring $8700.00 payouts on lot flipping. Sometimes these types of deals require that you purchase a software to help search for lots,so we'll see.Most of the time,established people in industry are not going to come online and scam people,why would they ruin their own business in the offline arena? I will post back tommorrow after I get details of offer. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 18 2023, 11:04

Has anybody used this and been successful?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 18 2023, 11:06
Quote from @Anthony Toosweet:

I here so many people saying its a Scam But, those are the people who don't want to work, jerry has given you all the tools to find leads easy. All you really have to do is find the buyers yourself...you want to sit around and wait for a check from jerry Wow? I wish I had the $1,000 just for the deal genie and the deal cruncher. Even if Jerry never buys a deal from me with the tools he gives its worth 10 times over if you are not afraid to Hustle. I wish I had the $1,000 now but I can wait until I get my first deal. you don't need Jerry Norton as a buyer so How is it a Scam?

Me and you should do adventure agreement with this program

User Stats

Votes
Joey Zawacki
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Macon, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Macon, Ga
Replied Mar 30 2024, 10:18

I have worked with Jerry. I have received a $15k wholesale check. It was a high end flip that was out of my experience. I believe he netted $75k off the deal