Bob Diamond overages live events and courses

26 Replies

Originally posted by @Ryan McKimm :

@Steven Rein

The ones that slip through the cracks are the ones that no one can find or ones where the party entitled to the funds doesn't care to act.

The county has to keep copies of all the notices they sent out in case an auction gets challenged by an interested party. You'll find out from that record if they have the proper address and which addresses are dead ends. So that's the first place to start.

A lot of times the owner is dead and there was no probate or no heirs to take over, so that is why the taxes never got paid.

It's a lot of research and it may be more lucrative, and easier, to just sell a course on how to do it.

that statement is true for virtually all guru's that's why they are gurus.. some of them make obscene money ( which of course is their right) its up to the public to understand the value proposition.. but with things like this overage.. unless you have done it U have no clue how hard it is to actually do.  And or be consistent at and make decent money. 

I've been looking into this a bit in Colorado. Colorado is not a state that performs tax lien foreclosures at all. They auction off the tax lien (certificate). In these cases, I'm assuming there would never be *any* overages, since the county never sells the property directly, thus they don't "receive" any funds from the process of a property sale.

The investor purchases the tax lien certificate and must wait through a three year redemption period, after which the investor can ask the county for a treasurer's deed. They must pay all the taxes that accrue over this three year period. At the end, the investor can ask the county to issue a Tresasurer's Deed. In most cases, this occurs only on property where there are no current mortgage liens, because in the event of unpaid taxes, the mortgage company will pay the taxes to protect their investment. In CO, most individual counties require taxes be paid by June 30th of each year, and the tax lien sales occur in October - December, depending on the county. So, even in the event of a lien sale, I don't think there will be any overages in Colorado. The investor can get deed to the property directly, without any additional purchase. I'm assuming this to be the case for all Tax Lien states.

I did find some internet discrepancies as so which states are tax lien states and which ones are tax deed states (and some that are both ??)

This site suggests these states are tax lien states...

Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. The District of Columbia is also a tax lien jurisdiction.
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/states-allow-sale-tax-lien-certificates-58547.html

This site suggests a different picture (shows all 50 states).
https://www.secretsoftaxlieninvesting.com/state-info

I'm assuming you would have to find property in Tax Deed states for there to be any kind of overage. ??

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here