• Real Estate Investor
  • Albemarle, NC
Votes |
Technology Must have!

Gabriel Mabry
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albemarle, NC
Posted Feb 7 2015, 15:22

If you could suggest one life changing piece of technology that helps your business tremendously (quicken books, excell. cell phones not included) what would that be? The new surface pro laptop? Some fancy software?

I am an old school desktop nerd, but IF I am at home... i have a BEAST of a machine! Maybe I need to upgrade my game a little bit! 

User Stats

Votes
Curt Davis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Feb 7 2015, 19:00

DocuSign was a game changer for me a few years ago.  Getting contracts electronically signed and no printing was very incredible when we started using it.  

• Real Estate Agent TN (#00321765)

901 INVEST Logo

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Mabry
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albemarle, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albemarle, NC
Replied Feb 7 2015, 20:47

I've heard numerous people mention that @Curt Davis ! I'll have to check it out. 

I've always wanted to buy a Neat scanner for collection of receipts for the rehab side of things. Those lowe's receipts get crazy after a while.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Pavel Sakurets
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Feb 10 2015, 20:12

Adobe pro is my find for the year. The benefit: you don't need to print, fill out and scan documents, you can type on top of the existing PDF document as well as sign it (if you have a saved signature) and then email. Saved me soooo much time making and accepting offers

User Stats

Votes
Roy N.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fredericton, New Brunswick
Votes |
Pro Member
ModeratorReplied Feb 10 2015, 20:19

My newest "toy" is a thermal imaging camera   ...   when it first arrived, I drove down the street where one of our rehabbed properties is located and scanned all the buildings (all old Second Empire, Victorian, Georgian/Edwardian buildings) ... all glowed brightly from the escaping heat (it was -23C), save for ours, which still had a few hotspots from the areas we have yet to rehab. 

Everyone rehabbing a building where there is real winter should have one of these.

User Stats

Votes
Mike F.
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Feb 10 2015, 20:26

dropbox

User Stats

Votes
Chris T.
Pro Member
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Feb 12 2016, 05:51

@Roy N. - what camera are you using?  Is it one of the cameras that attach to a smart phone or the next "step up" to a stand alone unit?

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Feb 12 2016, 06:00
Originally posted by @Gabriel Mabry:

I've heard numerous people mention that @Curt Davis ! I'll have to check it out. 

I've always wanted to buy a Neat scanner for collection of receipts for the rehab side of things. Those lowe's receipts get crazy after a while.

forget the neat receipts. if they are advertising it on TV, you know it's junk.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-Wireless-Mo...

this thing is amazing.

User Stats

Votes
Roy N.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
ModeratorReplied Feb 12 2016, 06:58
Originally posted by @Chris T.:

@Roy N. - what camera are you using?  Is it one of the cameras that attach to a smart phone or the next "step up" to a stand alone unit?

Chris:

We have an FLIR TG165.  If I were to do it over I would get one in the Ex series (E4) as I think the features would be worth the extra $$.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 27 2017, 10:31

Descent lap top, does not need to be top line, printer/scanner/fax and any  cell phone, newest technology not necessary. My cell of choice is the one my provider is giving away for free.

When it comes to technology for the average guy with a small business there has been next to no upgrades of any necessary/significant value in the past 8-10 years. Most next or newest tech changes are only designed to increase sales and target  those fixated on having the newest technology. 

Keep business basic and remember your expenses eat into your profits, don't get caught up in tech toys.

User Stats

Votes
Alejandra Valdez
  • El Paso, TX
Votes |
  • El Paso, TX
Replied Nov 29 2017, 16:32

I really like the new Samsung 360 camera, it's really easy to use, affordable and you can use it to put a complete view of your listings.