Website Design

9 Replies

I spent years hiring people to do my web designs. I also spent a lot of time doing my own web designs. While I may have been happy with the look and feel of the site, it wasn't converting. So the key is not in the design but in the conversion rate. 

Check out this post where I cover my thoughts in more detail. Search Engine Optimization.

I used Squarespace, very user friendly and intuitive.  I have hired VAs from Upwork and Fiverr to help with certain sections.  

@Jordan Moorhead I build my own websites. However, a great place to find freelancers you can hire is Upwork. A website to find all kinds of freelancers who know give you bids on the work you want to have done. I've hired, landscape designers, architects, and others. You can interview them, ask for demo work, and much more. If you haven't already you can also ask others in your brokerage, (maybe redundant since your with The Moorehead Team - this could be your brokerage or your team, I am unsure), chances are they have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or other technology tools they use. Make sure the web developer is knowledgeable about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Internet Data Exchange (IDX)

... I had to look that one up (IDX).

it allows the integration of MLS data with your custom website. Think about website maintenance, blogging, Google Analytics, and Facebook pixel, in order to manage your traffic and see where your visitors are coming from among other details.

I purchase my hosting package and domain name through Namecheap. However, you have ample options.

Let me know if you have any other questions!