• Investor
  • Wilmington, DE
Votes |
Rented to Three Friends

Bridget D.
  • Investor
  • Wilmington, DE
Posted Jun 17 2015, 22:32

Hi;  Just starting out in renting properties in  Delaware. I have a five year plan to quit my job! I just purchased my second property recently and remolded it and made the mistake of renting to three friends. The two guys agreed to split the rent until the other tenant  got a job.  I asked for a copy of their pay stubs, called their jobs to ensure they were employed and did a basic check by googling their all of  their names. I din't find any thing so  I had all three sign the lease.  They  seemed honest  and assured me they would pay their rent on time.  Of course;  Their  first month  Tenant one  paid his half of the rent  but Tenant Two disappeared not paying his half of the rent.  After threatening court  Tenant one agreed to cover the total rent  and did 15 days later. Tenant One  agrees to cover the rent from here on. Can I put tenant Two out ?

Does any one know if I can legally put Tenant Two out or am I still stuck with him since he signed a one year lease  with his two friends. Also are any free ways to do better credit  checks or should I be paying for credit checks!             

Loading replies...