Votes
Bill Brown
  • Amherst, NH
Votes |
Using Lead Funnels to capture motivated sellers

Bill Brown
  • Amherst, NH
Posted Sep 5 2018, 10:29

Has Anyone successfully used a funnel to capture seller leads. Curious as to the target market demographics , item of value or lead magnet you used and success rate for FB ad campaigns vs direct mail or other media spending?

User Stats

Votes
Michael Guzik
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Sep 5 2018, 11:12

@Bill Brown Hey Bill that's a great question my friend. I'm definitely no expert at marketing but I know this it is very market dependent. Here in San Antonio the downtown area is gentrifying like crazy. Many of the home owners in the areas that are showing crazy appreciation and growth are old, old fashioned and not technologically "in the now". That is why it is best to call them, text them or send them direct mail. Facebook marketing to this demographic could produce returns, but it isn't too effective because the majority of those home owners are not on Facebook actively. However if you are shifting towards pre-foreclosures this could be very different. The demographic is more than likely a young divorced couple, a younger couple going through rough times, or something of that nature. These people would be very active on Facebook and the internet and you would see a much better response rate through marketing online. We personally do all of those things, however what has really worked best for us is building that relationship. We drive for dollars, pull lists of properties and get them skip traced. We then have a VA send out text messages to all of them asking to sell. Anyone that responds and shows interest is called by me and I introduce myself and determine motivation. There is no "magic bullet" for marketing. In all honestly in every single avenue I think you will be fairly disappointed in the returns. The best return IS IN THE FOLLOW UP. There are hundreds of agents and investors doing what you and I do. However only a handful are following up after they are rejected the first time, and an even smaller amount are following up after they have been rejected a few times after that. We have gotten 2 deals this month simply from following up 8 MONTHS AFTER FIRST CONTACT. Never give up my friend. Marketing is marketing and most of them work, you just need to use common sense and think about who your ideal client is. The best advice I can give it to always follow up. Never quit on a lead my friend!!! Good luck and I'm sure soon enough you will be where you want to be!

User Stats

Votes
Arissa Pedroza
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, tx
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, tx
Replied Sep 5 2018, 13:54

I have found the leadmining.co has been amazing!  The founder, Nick, is super helpful and you can do a specific area if you want, just ask if anyone else is in that market :)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
La'Keita Redfern
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 5 2018, 13:55

What's a lead funnel?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Morris
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Sep 5 2018, 14:02
Originally posted by @La'Keita Redfern:

What's a lead funnel?

Where you generate a number of leads (potential buyers or sellers or investors) into a "funnel" which you then use to weed out the bad leads (i.e. tire-kickers or unmotivated) and end up with a small number of deals.  As an example, you send out 1000 direct mail pieces, get 50 calls, which turns into 4 deals.  

At least that's my understanding :)

User Stats

Votes
La'Keita Redfern
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 5 2018, 14:12

@Scott Morris thanks

User Stats

Votes
Bill Brown
  • Amherst, NH
Votes |
  • Amherst, NH
Replied Sep 5 2018, 16:03

I personally have tried getting seller leads using funnels with limited success.

buyer leads seem to be alot easier to come up with items of values