Has anyone invested with Joe Fairless?

16 Replies

Hi All

I'm looking to invest and I've started investigating the multifamily space.  Joe's name has come up and I've requested some info from him about current offerings.

Has anyone invested with him?  If so, what can you tell me about your experiences?

Thanks!

Hello, I've recently invested with Ashcroft (Joe's company). I attended the Best Ever Conference to put a face with the company. I genuinely like Joe and appreciate his transparency. I also read his syndication book, which I recommend. It sheds a lot of light on his approach. 

I've been active and passive in real estate. I've had a broker's license for decades and have met a lot of syndicators for all asset classes. Over the last 60 days, I've considered 5 syndicators and passed for one reason or another (too short of a financing term, no concrete plan for worst case scenarios, uncertainty about property aspects, unrestrained exuberance, etc.).

I've also worked at a commercial real estate brokerage creating proforma's and PPM's. I appreciate the clarity, preciseness, and professionalism put into Ashcroft's materials. 

The worst experience I've had as an LP was with a group of old school get it done guys who left a lot of money on the table due to their lack of attention to detail.

Joe's organizational structure, public presence, and communication practices were very appealing to me.

My experience has been seamless so far. [Request to contact Removed by Moderators]

Just wanted to follow up on this to see how your investment is going with Ashcroft/Joe?  I am also curious as to what investing with his company is like and if there are any pros/cons.  

I ended up putting about 7% of my assets with Ashcroft. So I'm highly invested, and feeling pretty safe. I mean, the rapidity with which Ashcroft seems to find deals, and the state of Florida cause me a tad bit of concern, but I think they have a good thing going. A friend also invested. I definitely kicked three or four tires before I pulled the trigger on Joe (to mix metaphors).

Disclosure: I am the Director of Investor Relations at Ashcroft Capital

I have invested in 7 deals with Ashcroft Capital. I have also invested with 12-14 other syndication groups. I have had a very positive experience working with Ashcroft over the past several years and I recently joined their team. Happy to discuss and answer any questions. [Solicitation Removed by Moderators]

Originally posted by @Travis Watts :

I have invested in 7 deals with Ashcroft Capital. I have also invested with 12-14 other syndication groups. I have had a very positive experience working with Ashcroft over the past several years and I recently joined their team. Happy to discuss and answer any questions. DM anytime

Were you unaccredited when you began investing in syndications? Are there any websites/books you recommend for beginners?

Disclosure: I am the Director of Investor Relations at Ashcroft Capital

@Luis Vaca Good question Luis. I was in fact accredited when I started investing in syndications. I knew that I would need a good amount of capital to start investing in syndications in order to get a solid stream of cash flow. In other words, $150 a month in cash flow was not going to keep me motivated. For many years, I worked a high-paying job while flipping single-family homes and taking on various value-add single-family projects. I also saved the majority of my salary and 100% of my real estate profits during these years. Joe Fairless' book "The Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book" is a great read for anyone interested in investing in syndications or starting their own syndication. It's on Audible and available in Hard Copy. Hope this helps! 

I've invested in him, not with him. I picked up his books Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book and Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever. Two of the best books on the market. Unfortunately, I'm not accredited and I don't think he's taking on simply sophisticated investors. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@Cynthia Occelli  - They say, "no such thing as a stupid question" so I'll ask, what do you mean by "restrained exuberance" in terms of syndication?  Also, what software was used when you were creating proformas?

@Lamont Marable Hi. Unrestrained exuberance meant wildly exuberant in their assessment the upside of their project without awareness or consideration of the downsides and potential problems. 

The proforma softwares we used were good ole MS word, excel, powerpoint, and the Adobe suite.

Take care!

@Sunny Shakhawala Hi Sunny.... I’ve been looking to invest in Ashcroft Capital and Joe Fairless . What’s your experience so far and is it legitimate?

I’m a cautious investor who’s a bit skeptical on how they are able to do a deal month after month.

Thanks

Sanjay

@Cynthia Occelli .... Hi Cynthia, am thinking of Investing in Ashcroft Capital and Joe Fearless. I’d like to know your experience so far in terms of returns and overall expectation so far. I’m also wondering how they are able to offer a deal after deal every month in what everyone says is the tale end of a current real estate cycle.

How have you verified their holdings ? Hoping it’s not a Ponzi scheme.

Thanks

Sanjay

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here