• Tucson
Votes |
Wholesaler on Big Island

Loren Cota
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Posted Jun 30 2023, 08:30

Hi everyone, used to live on Big Island for 9 years and actually did my first live in flip that started my whole flipping career . My 9 year old daughter still has roots there. She Visits every summer and I go pick her up. I would love to invest on Big island. I made my daughter a promise that I would own something so she can visit more as she gets older. Her dad lives on Big island and I live in Tucson Az. If anyone can share connects for wholesalers I would greatly appreciate it. I already have a contractor and subcontractors for work and funds, just need the deal. 
 I flip, invest, and I am a real estate agent in Tucson AZ. Can return the favor if wanting to dip into that market . I am   open to partnering as well.   

Just a mom trying to keep her promise to her daughter. 

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 30 2023, 18:27

Your best bet is to establish a website and do SEO for that market. Deals come to you.

Here is what a credible website that ranks #1 on Google produces.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Piel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Votes |
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Replied Jul 4 2023, 20:32

I would also love to hear from anyone wholesaling in HI county. However to date I'm not aware of anyone operating here. --Local active investor. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kanani Fredrick
  • Hawaiʻi
Votes |
  • Hawaiʻi
Replied Aug 9 2023, 11:36

Aloha nui e @Loren Cota,

Are you still in the process of looking for a house on the Big Island? I Live on Maui, but Have lived on the big island for a few years so I am familiar with the areas. What area are you looking into and what kind of investment are you looking for? 

Hope to hear from you soon! Mahalo! 

User Stats

Votes
Loren Cota
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Replied Aug 9 2023, 12:40

Hi, yes I am still looking. I am pretty open. Kona side, Waikoloa, Hilo, and Keaau. Pretty much whatever makes sense.My plan is for it to be a midterm rental most the year and then be there for a portion of summer to be close to my daughter. 

User Stats

Votes
Loren Cota
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Replied Aug 9 2023, 12:45
Quote from @Chris Piel:

I would also love to hear from anyone wholesaling in HI county. However to date I'm not aware of anyone operating here. --Local active investor. 

Hi, are you an investor on Big Island? If so,  how are you currrently getting your deals? 

User Stats

Votes
Sean Dougherty
  • hilo, hi
Votes |
  • hilo, hi
Replied Aug 9 2023, 16:56
Quote from @Loren Cota:
Quote from @Chris Piel:

Hi, are you an investor on Big Island? If so,  how are you currrently getting your deals? 

Hi,

I am on B.I. I am currently investing in the local market. Feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to go over what I have presently, or help get what you want. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Piel
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Votes |
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Replied Aug 9 2023, 23:32

@Loren Cota. Foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, REO and MLS all have viable options. My most recent was a foreclosure, 70% of market value. The more affordable price points with foreclosures the less the discount tends to be. It can be a looooong process here compared to states like AZ, with your deposit being held for more than 6 months, so you have to understand the process.

User Stats

Votes
Loren Cota
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Replied Aug 10 2023, 10:17

@Chris Piel Thank you for sharing. I just reached out to my old realtor on the Island ,  shes also an investor and hopefully she can guide me. My first property that I purchased on Big Island back in 2016 was purchased through HUBZU it was the hardest transaction of my life but so worth it in the end. I regret selling it. 

User Stats

Votes
Loren Cota
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson
Replied Aug 10 2023, 10:19
Quote from @Sean Dougherty:
Quote from @Loren Cota:
Quote from @Chris Piel:

Hi,

I am on B.I. I am currently investing in the local market. Feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to go over what I have presently, or help get what you want. 

Hi Sean, appreciate you reaching out. Would love to chat. Please share your contact information. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Piel
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Votes |
  • Kailua Kona, HI
Replied Aug 10 2023, 17:59
Quote from @Loren Cota:

@Chris Piel Thank you for sharing. I just reached out to my old realtor on the Island ,  shes also an investor and hopefully she can guide me. My first property that I purchased on Big Island back in 2016 was purchased through HUBZU it was the hardest transaction of my life but so worth it in the end. I regret selling it. 

Hardest transaction sounds about right. Always worth it!

User Stats

Votes
Cydney Gray
Lender
  • Lender
  • HI CA WY FL & TX
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • HI CA WY FL & TX
Replied Aug 11 2023, 13:03

Aloha~ I am on Oahu and specialize in creative financing specifically for investments. I can answer any questions you may have about the types of financing available for your purchase. Some of our local banks and credit unions have great deals - much better than national lenders.  I'm happy to help.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Borger
Pro Member
  • Rehabber
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rehabber
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Oct 5 2023, 13:05

Hi @Loren Cota - I just wrapped up a wholesale transaction on the Big Island yesterday north of Kona. Feel free to shoot me a note of what you're looking for, and I can keep you in mind for the next one. -- Mike

User Stats

Votes
Clark Kahawaii
  • Property Manager
  • Kailua-Kona, HI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Kailua-Kona, HI
Replied Jan 9 2024, 14:36
Quote from @Loren Cota:

Hi, yes I am still looking. I am pretty open. Kona side, Waikoloa, Hilo, and Keaau. Pretty much whatever makes sense.My plan is for it to be a midterm rental most the year and then be there for a portion of summer to be close to my daughter. 

Aloha Loren, not sure if you are still looking for a rental here on the Big Island. Just wanted to let you know to be careful about planning for a midterm rental (1-6 month). There is a bill in legislation (Transient Accommodation Rental - TAR Bill) for Hawaii county, that is trying to do away with mid term rentals completely. I am a property manager in Kona and we are not currently taking on mid term rentals because we don't want to promise anything to our owners that we may have to go back on if the bill passes to some capacity. Not that you can't operate them now, but probably a good idea to have multiple exit strategies. It may end up having to turn into a long term rental(180+ days). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.