• Accountant
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Example Excel sheet to keep track of leads

Logan Allec
  • Accountant
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Apr 1 2015, 12:35

Does anyone have a sample one they could upload or at least upload a screenshot of?  I've been trying to track my yellow letter leads in Excel, but my spreadsheets get rather messy.  Any help would be appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
John K.
  • Investor
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Madison, WI
Replied Apr 1 2015, 12:55

Have you tried Microsoft Access?  I always feel like spreadsheets don't work the greatest for things like lead tracking..

User Stats

Votes
Sean Moen
  • Investor
  • Sacramento County, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sacramento County, CA
Replied Apr 1 2015, 13:44

Logan,

Here's what I ended up doing - maybe it'll help get your juices flowing.  I had a list of 300 that I mailed to.  I archived that list (already in Excel) and highlight the ones that give me a call.

Once I receive there call/email saying they want to start a conversation; I start the CRM process in Podio.  I put the land information in first; followed-up by the answers to my initial questionnaire and the contact information.  I have another module setup for "Touches" or follow-up when I call them.

I won't touch the original excel sheet unless:

1) I get another original call

2) I decided to remail the list - in which I will save a 2nd file and delete the names that I already talked to.

I should mention Podio is free (yes there is a premium aspect but most can get away just fine with it).  Took me a bit to develop what I wanted - as I was trying to do it while my first campaign was in transit - but I'm really finding my groove and the software makes it very easy to use and adjust.  Hope that helped a bit!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Costello
  • Wholesaler
  • Whippany, NJ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Whippany, NJ
Replied Apr 2 2015, 06:15

@Logan Allec

I've got a blog post coming out next week where I explore setting up excel as a lead manager tool (I also just posted one about using excel as a campaign tracking tool).  I'll be giving away the version I came up with along with that post.  

In the end I found that while Excel is an Extremely powerful tool it is probably not worth putting the time and effort into it.  Even if in the beginning your needs are simple, you're needs will grow and things will get way to complicated.

You are basically developing a full blown application, and being an software developer, I can tell you that it's a very time consuming process.  Spend your time on your business and figure out how to use Podio, Zoho or another "pay for" application.