Mailings

4 Replies

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to do another mailing and I've been pricing printers and mailing houses. Found one super cheap and realized it was the postage. Called and they said it's "Standard Shipping" which takes up to 3 weeks to deliver. Does anyone use this to ship? Over the course of a year mailing out every week to different markets I could save a boat load of money. I don't care if they hit 3 weeks later, I'll just plan for it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 

@Kim Handelman I think that's fine.  It's a little less predictable than first class but as long as you get your mailings out three weeks before you want them to hit, that should be fine.

Add yourself to your mailing lists so you know when you get the piece that they've hit the mailboxes.

An actual postage stamp will help the piece appear a little less like ordinary junk mail and will get better response, but you may be able to make up for that by sending out more pieces at a cheaper rate.

@Larry T. THanks so much for your advice. I don't think the lack of a stamp will make a difference because I'm sending out postcards until I learn Microsoft Mail Merge (at which time I will change to letters with real stamps). I'll probably only do 2 or 3 mailings this way but it will be interesting to see the response rate compared to actual letters which will be A LOT more expensive.