• Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
Seeking Vacant Houses or Private motivated sellers inventory list

Brian Coons
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Posted Oct 17 2015, 10:43

hi all!

I am relatively new to bigger pockets and was wondering how you you all locate your private lists of inventory in south Florida to meet the demands of your end cash buyers / investors ? I have a couple ways I have been doing this, and sometimes I believe it works and I'm really looking forward to getting more deals closed once I find a successful route to locating these private inventory lists of vacant houses in South Florida. I am in South Florida, and could use some help, thank you!

Best, Brian 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Davis
  • Wholesaler
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 17 2015, 11:19
Originally posted by @Brian Coons:

hi all!

I am relatively new to bigger pockets and was wondering how you you all locate your private lists of inventory in south Florida to meet the demands of your end cash buyers / investors ? I have a couple ways I have been doing this, and sometimes I believe it works and I'm really looking forward to getting more deals closed once I find a successful route to locating these private inventory lists of vacant houses in South Florida. I am in South Florida, and could use some help, thank you!

Best, Brian 

Research Cody Sperber's & Kent Clothier's methods of finding vacant properties.

May your efforts be rewarded.

Anthony

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Oct 17 2015, 12:48

@Brian Coons I don't know what you mean by "private lists of inventory".  There are lots of ways to find deals. search here for forum posts or I know there have been some good blog posts on the subject. Something like 100 or 101 way to find deals.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brian Coons
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Replied Oct 17 2015, 13:22

@Anthony Davis thank you . 

@Ned Carey basically down here in FL there are individuals and companies that own 100+ properties ready to sell to low level,mid level investors and wondered who in South Florida may have those available properties or vacant housing lists ? I realize the #1 way people find a deal is by sending out direct mailers but sometimes you can spend hundreds and thousands of dollars and get zero deals and a very low response rate. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Calderon
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 17 2015, 19:20

"I realize the #1 way people find a deal is by sending out direct mailers"

....no. It's by making calls. Because receiving a call (listening) involves more investment on the seller's part than reading, it's a lot harder to ignore than a direct mailer. Make enough calls and you'll find a seller.

"sometimes you can spend hundreds and thousands of dollars and get zero deals"

is this some sort of hyperbole?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Coons
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Replied Oct 18 2015, 01:19
  1. @Account Closed thank you 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Coons
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Replied Oct 18 2015, 01:20

@Nick Britton thank you For the advice, I have a few private investors who buy up in bulk from foreclosure auction, he beats the banks, I can get good deals on it but you are right, some are already rehabbed and there is little juice or cushion to make any money or at least enough to where it would be worth it but as long as in these deals I can find enough room to make a decent spread , I just did my first deal for $40k , I'm working on squeezing more out of wholesale before I move to rehabbing completely . But I'll follow the said path ... Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Brian Coons
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Replied Oct 18 2015, 01:26

@Joe Calderon no hyperbole as I'm not exaggerating. I have personally sent out hundreds of direct mailers and spent hundreds of dollars and received not one lead, but I know what areas to hit now when I didn't do it I picked areas i shouldn't of , I'm sure calling is still the best way. I'll try to do it now on this tax VA lien list I have . I have tens of thousands of addresses and phone numbers and names on this list I got from one of top private sellers here in My county. I'm guessing the calls work better overall, of course, it's more personal, but why would it not be effective to send direct mailers out to vacant houses , I'm not sure I would even have the access to their current information or most recent info unless it was updated on the county property appraisers website. Thanks for the advice

User Stats

Votes
Joe Calderon
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 18 2015, 13:59

The calls work better because you get to know the person and whether they're looking for a deal or not. Call, since the other method didn't work. How many people do you want to reach out to a day?

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Machado
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Replied Oct 19 2015, 09:12

@Brian Coons - Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but: "how you you all locate your private lists of inventory" and "wondered who in South Florida may have those available properties or vacant housing lists?" and "I have tens of thousands of addresses and phone numbers and names on this list I got from one of top private sellers here in My county" Seem to be in conflict with each other...What makes a list seller "private"? If you're looking for a list to buy, it's not going to be your "private list" - a ton of people will have bought them before you, and will buy them after you. The only way to get your own "private list" is to build it yourself using various methods, including mailers. However, even then, it's unlikely you are the only person to have that lead in your list - every lead who calls from my mailers mentions they've received at least half a dozen others.

99% of the leads who you mail, and 99% of the ones who call you may not be deals right now, but that doesn't mean they won't turn into deals some day in the future. In a market as hot as South Florida there is no easy/fast way to get deals - the deals are the gold nuggets that take a lot of persistent digging to uncover.

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Machado
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Replied Oct 20 2015, 05:18

@Brian Coons - Thought about it some more...Maybe you're referring to buying "exclusive leads" from someone? I'm not a fan of these because: 1) I have no way to ensure they are indeed exclusive - there's a lot of shady people down here. 2) Even if they only sell those leads to you, they aren't really "exclusive" to you - like I said, lots of people are mailing them. 3) They are quite expensive. Mailing might be expensive as well, but long term I think it's more worthwhile...Like I said, not all of those leads may be motivated today, but many hang on to your mailer and save it for when they are. If you're looking for a short term solution, maybe it's worth it, but I suggest you learn to fish for yourself as well to solve the problem long term.