Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Saleem
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Votes |
I need help in my first wholesale deal please !!!!!!!!!!

Muhammad Saleem
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Posted Mar 10 2016, 15:23

I have a property in consideration. Seems a good wholesale deal but I do not have any title company which is good for wholesale deals (in Wayne county, MI or nearby). At what stage I need title company to be involved in a deal or can I wholesale a deal assigning it to my cash buyer without talking to title company?

Your help and kind guideline will be highly and very highly appreciated please.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lee
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Mar 10 2016, 15:39

Hello, Muhammad 

I would suggest going to local REIA meetings in your area there are always representatives from title companies there looking to work with investors just tell them your new and looking for a title company to work with, ask other real estate investors which title companies they use, it's always better to find a title company at your local REIA or through a referral because they will be investor friendly and more understanding of what your trying to do.

You can also contact a few of your buyers from your buyers list and ask them who their title company is and introduce yourself most of the time your cash buyers will want to close with them anyway because they are familiar with them so it's better to establish a relationship with them as well 

You have to close with either a title company or a real estate attorney who can do closings to make sure all of the paperwork and the official transfer of the property takes places

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Saleem
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Replied Mar 10 2016, 17:18

@michael Lee

Thanks for your advice. Do they provide their PA and assignment contract or can I use mine. Mostly their PA is 5-7 pages long. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lina Sitto
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Warren, MI
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Warren, MI
Replied Mar 11 2016, 00:48

Hi Muhammad,

I did my first wholesale deal on a house in Wayne county. I closed at a title company in Clarkston (Oakland county) owned by an investor. I used a one page PA and a one page assignment doc. You definitely need to close at a title company. You don't have to go to the closing, but I would go to every single one to make sure everything goes well, and you want to be there to pick up your check anyway. Call me if you need to talk. Good luck. 

User Stats

Votes
Alsee Mccray
  • Investor
  • Bridgeport, CT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bridgeport, CT
Replied Mar 11 2016, 02:57

if your able to just assign the contract why would you need a tittle company? its a not like your closing a to b then b to c all your taking is talking a contract between a and b and assigning it to c you don't need a closing or title company for that.

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Saleem
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stering, VA
Replied Mar 11 2016, 13:20

Thanks everyone for your advice. I appreciate it a lot.