Votes
Doug Price
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
Wholesaler Letter to Seller

Doug Price
  • Roanoke, VA
Posted Nov 16 2016, 17:13

I want to get some feedback to a letter I am sending to solicit potential sellers. This is a second draft based on feedback I received from my local REI group.

I am sending the following letter in a hand addressed envelop with an attached handwritten post-it note that says, "Dear Eddie, Please give me a call anytime. Thanks, Doug ###-###-####"

Here is the letter, thanks BP nation for any feedback on making it better:

Dear Eddie,

Recently, I noticed your property at 526 Chapman Ave NW, Roanoke, and I wanted to reach out to you to see if you are interested in selling it.

Please give me a call to discuss the benefits I can provide:

• -I buy with cash to close quickly! As quick as 7 days!
  • -I convert your unwanted home into much needed cash! Who doesn’t need more cash!
  • -I buy your home as-is! No need to repair or clean it out!
  • -I purchase your home at no cost to you! No commissions or unexpected fees!

Regardless of why you need to sell your property, I would like the opportunity to speak with you about potentially being a solution. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please call me at ###-###-####.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Doug Price

###-###-####

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2020, 08:47

Good morning

Thank you for the information. Reading it again it does sound like a real estate agent. I will use this format. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 18 2022, 18:02

I like this the best :)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 18 2022, 21:24

Instead of "if you are interest in selling it" say "I wanted to reach out and make you a cash offer you would be happy with" 

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Nov 19 2022, 13:15

No no no. Everyone listen up.

Listen carefully.

Your message to your mailers should NEVER be "Hey call me if you want to sell your house".  Your message should ALWAYS be "Hey visit my website"

Just watch the video!

Then also, you should NEVER make it look or sound like you singled them out. You think you will get a better response rate if you list their address making it look like you are a real person only asking abou tthat house?

THINK about what you are doing...

As investors, what are we after?

MOTIVATED sellers.

As Sellers, what are THEY after?

MOTIVATED BUYERS.

A motivated seller will sell below market value.

A motivated buyer will buy ABOVE market value.

You are doing the exact opposite! Why do you think you get a higher open rate wjhen you send hand written letters? The seller thinks you are motivated. Those tactics are designed for NON motivated selelrs.

get it?