Votes
Joel Britton
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Votes |
Wholesaling in the US from overseas

Joel Britton
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Posted May 20 2017, 06:53

Hi I am looking at getting into using the whole sale method of investing. I live in Australia and am interested in wholesaling in the US (mainly around okc area). Is it possible to do this without going over there regularly? can anyone give me some advice on what I should look into?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Deacon
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied May 20 2017, 07:07

Joel that's going to be nearly impossible unless you have a good partner who knows that market. Maybe you could market for the deals and your partner could check them out for you

User Stats

Votes
Federico Gutierrez
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied May 20 2017, 13:46

Fellow aussie to aussie. You need to be here, how you going to service a market that you are familiar with? Least have you been to OKC and scoped out there area? it's going to be very different from anything back in Australia

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Britton
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Votes |
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Replied May 20 2017, 15:23
thankyou for the reply :) I have been over quite a bit, so I have generally a good idea of the market, yes very different to Australia ! haha Would it be possible to go over there and set up a foundation for marketing and such then go back over say once a month?

User Stats

Votes
Federico Gutierrez
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied May 20 2017, 15:53

Thats going to be super expensive

Just move over to OKC FOR 6-12MONTHS. If it doesn't work in that time frame you gave it a decent shot

User Stats

Votes
Lindsay Stewart
  • Investor
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Replied May 25 2017, 15:43

Hi @Joel Britton  I am also an Aussie investing in the US.  We are based in Melbourne.  Wholesaling properties there is extremely difficult without being on the ground.  I believe it could be done, just would require immense ground work to set up your network first, and would take some time to get in place.

We use some different strategies to invest being overseas.  Reach out if you want to chat at all

Cheers

Lindsay