Votes
Herman Chen
  • Montville, NJ
Votes |
Have leads, but no experience.

Herman Chen
  • Montville, NJ
Posted Oct 18 2017, 13:29
Hi fellow BP members, I am relatively new to BP and the real estate investment industry. I just started out as a home inspector in the Jersey City area of NJ. Through going out every day, i meet all sorts of various home owners, sick, absentee owners, inherited the property, bad tenant, disabilities, unable to pay taxes, etc. I have a list of these motivated sellers that I want to contact. But I’m new without any wholesale experience and don’t want to get tied up in a bad deal, or unable to answer phone calls and miss out on the other opportunities. Are there any BP members in this area that would be interested to partner on some deals? I’m very familiar with the area in terms of rent rates and conditions of homes and their prices. It would be great to partner with someone who can walk me through the process, and in turn I can provide the leads. If anyone is interest pls connect with me. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
John Thedford#5 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Replied Oct 18 2017, 13:34

You are in a perfect position to possibly find deals. Get cash lined up and as Cramer says: BUY BUY BUY. Just remember you make your money when you buy. 

User Stats

Votes
Roland Paicely
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Oct 18 2017, 13:41

I'm sure you can partner up with an experienced investor at your local REIA

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Lichtenstadter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern NJ
Votes |
  • Northern NJ
Replied Oct 18 2017, 13:59

Herman Chen I’m familiar with one of the big wholesalers in the area, Please PM me I’ll try to set you guys up.

Thanks,
David

User Stats

Votes
David Weintraub
  • Lender
  • Berkeley, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Berkeley, CA
Replied Oct 19 2017, 03:36

Herman,

There are many meetups in your area. And if you are wholesaling deals I can connect you with buyers for sure.

User Stats

Votes
Allan Szlafrok
  • Long Island, NY
Votes |
  • Long Island, NY
Replied Oct 20 2017, 07:26

Hey PM me im an experienced investor i may be able to help.

User Stats

Votes
Peter Vekselman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Atlanta GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Atlanta GA
Replied Oct 23 2017, 02:59

You are thinking the right stuff.  I bet if you ran an add on craigslist in your area you would get some interest.

I would also recommend that you don't just give these leads out.  Get together with the investor as they make the calls.  In the end you will want to learn how to do this and do it yourself.

Peter Vekselman

If you need more help just PM me directly.