Bp'ers: Let's Brainstorm Some Amazing Wholesaler Apparel Slogans

37 Replies

Hi Friends,

I am getting some apparel items custom made and need some ideas for slogans.  Lets get creative an help me....and all of us out.

Ideas( of course the back will have my number)

"Eat Sleep Buy Houses"

"Can't Buy Happiness but Can buy Houses"

Help the creativity flow. Thanks All!

NEXT !!!

What does that mean?

Originally posted by Account Closed doesn't like wholesalers, and quite honestly who could blame him. 90% of the deals are that are brought by wholesalers are trash, not to mention the whole wholesaling is a gray area. 

Oh ok gotcha..Well hopefully in February I can add my Brokers license to my name and to my credibility....fingers crossed!

Account Closed  in our business of real estate it means NEXT deal.. because if one does not work its NEXT and with wholesaling and a lot of other areas of real estate Next is important you can't get fixated on one deal then it craters and you crumble.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

Account Closed  in our business of real estate it means NEXT deal.. because if one does not work its NEXT and with wholesaling and a lot of other areas of real estate Next is important you can't get fixated on one deal then it craters and you crumble.

I thought you were saying.. Enough with this already... NEXT post... lol... 

"UNLICENSED BROKER FOR HIRE

I just got solicited by a FRAUD AND SCAMMER out of the Tampa area asking me if I was a TRUE cash buyer or "wholesaler" LOL.

These FRAUDS AND SCAMMERS never stop LOL...and I just keep on reporting them one at a time...watching them get a cease and desist. The hard part is the ones that HIDE their profile and info because they KNOW they are breaking the law in this state. When someone has to hide their info I take that as a guaranteed sign of their honesty and integrity. The next time someone in FL pitches you ask them two questions>
1. do you own the property
if they say no...
2. are you a licensee
If they say no, turn them in.

@Chinmay J.   Even though I don't personally want to transact with wholesalers as a general rule..

I do believe NEXT is a great term in real estate.. my Daddy taught me that way back when .. in the early days when I could not close a sale and was distraught he would say SON  most important word in sales and real estate is NEXT there is always another deal.. go get that one..  whether that's germane to the wholesalers out there I will let them decide.  Just don't contact me to put me on your list  LOL...

Originally posted by @John Thedford :

I just got solicited by a FRAUD AND SCAMMER out of the Tampa area asking me if I was a TRUE cash buyer or "wholesaler" LOL.

These FRAUDS AND SCAMMERS never stop LOL...and I just keep on reporting them one at a time...watching them get a cease and desist. The hard part is the ones that HIDE their profile and info because they KNOW they are breaking the law in this state. When someone has to hide their info I take that as a guaranteed sign of their honesty and integrity. The next time someone in FL pitches you ask them two questions>
if they say no...
2. are you a licensee

Since you are so passionate about this topic I always wanted to ask you, how would a person go about wholesaling in the states where NET LISTING is illegal. My understanding is that in most cases its illegal, right?   If the individual is licensed real estate agent, then he could get in trouble for NET LISTING, and if he is not then he is in trouble for performing transaction w/o license 

So unless someone can double close, and that would wipe out 99% of the wholesalers, as most are broke and the reason they are wholesaling in the first place, is because they have no money, there aren't many options left here. 

So, are we at a point to conclude that wholeselling (without someone double closing) is ILLEGAL.. ? 

@Chinmay J.   A "net listing" is one where a seller has a licensed agent market their home with the stipulation that the agent gets to keep anything over a certain dollar amount.  For example, I want $100,000 for this property - you keep anything above that for commission.

As I understand it, that is illegal in all states.  It certainly is here in MA, because it's viewed as a way to defraud buyers.

Wholesalers are a completely different matter.  They get a property under contract and then try to assign the contract to another buyer, adding a markup fee.  That is certainly illegal here in MA and most other states, if not all.

The reason it's illegal is that you are marketing a property that you don't own.  To do so requires that you be a licensed real estate salesperson working under a managing broker - or a broker working under your own agency's license.

The one and only 100% legal way to wholesale is to close on the property BEFORE you start marketing it.

Listen to the BP podcast with Brent Snodgrass (#231 or thereabouts) where he describes this in detail.

There's no shortage of guru courses, seminars and books to teach you how to operate illegally like this.  Just remember, it's you, not them, who may have to face the legal consequences.

@Chinmay J.   let me offer this thought up.

when I started in Real Estate in 1975.. there were no wholesalers at least as we know them today.. or at least I was not aware of it.   

I also started in what would be considered lower value assets.. like many wholesalers trade in today.

these were as much of todays wholesale inventory is .. tough to sell assets.. no bank financing etc etc. 

As commissions are negotiable.. I simply charged accordingly ..  my minimum fee was 10% and I charged as high as 25%

thats one way to do it legally.

and Net listings were not legal in our market here in WA OR.. I had a developer who had a bunch of brand new construction duplex's he needed off the market sold .. he was willing to take 270k net to him for these duplex's  .. but he needed 22 of the buildings sold.

I negotiated a flat fee listing of 30k per unit  or 660k... I spent about 75k on doing a HUGE marketing campaign in the SF Bay Area.. 20k on radio 15k on print... and rented a big room at hotel for 10k plus other expenses came to about 75k as i recall this was 2004..  heat of the market right?   brought all my agents down ( my team )  they paid their own way.

We present and closed all of those in 60 days.. I paid my agents 6k a sale  so we made a little more than 350k or so in that 60 day run all net profit all legal and a bunch of fun.. my agents got the benefit to they got to sell those clients more than the duplex and I got cuts of those deals.   etc etc.. but like wholesalers today that spend 5 to 10k a month in RISK marketing to start  I wrote a check for 75k up front ...  but it all worked out..  builder was happy he got all his stuff sold... my team was happy and of course I enjoyed a nice payday.

Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson :

@Chinmay J.  A "net listing" is one where a seller has a licensed agent market their home with the stipulation that the agent gets to keep anything over a certain dollar amount.  For example, I want $100,000 for this property - you keep anything above that for commission.

As I understand it, that is illegal in all states.  It certainly is here in MA, because it's viewed as a way to defraud buyers.

Wholesalers are a completely different matter.  They get a property under contract and then try to assign the contract to another buyer, adding a markup fee.  That is certainly illegal here in MA and most other states, if not all.

The reason it's illegal is that you are marketing a property that you don't own.  To do so requires that you be a licensed real estate salesperson working under a managing broker - or a broker working under your own agency's license.

The one and only 100% legal way to wholesale is to close on the property BEFORE you start marketing it.

Listen to the BP podcast with Brent Snodgrass (#231 or thereabouts) where he describes this in detail.

There's no shortage of guru courses, seminars and books to teach you how to operate illegally like this.  Just remember, it's you, not them, who may have to face the legal consequences.

I exactly know what Net Listing means.  My whole point was that wholeselling is type of net listing. What makes it completely illegal or in gray area is the fact whether you have license or not. You market a property for $100,000 that you have under contract for say $90,000 (so the seller is getting $90,000). Now if you can get buyer to pay you $100,000, you will net $10,000. If the buyer negotiates with you, and ends up paying $97,000, then you as a wholeseller end up making only $7,000.  This is exactly what net listing is, isn't it?

If one does that while simultaneously holding an RE license, one is in trouble with their broker for engaging in NET LISTING. In fact lot of realtors have given up their RE license so they could wholesale, which opens a whole different can of worms - conducting RE transaction w/o license. LOL.. 

Net listings are not illegal in North Carolina.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Chinmay J.  let me offer this thought up.

when I started in Real Estate in 1975.. there were no wholesalers at least as we know them today.. or at least I was not aware of it.   

I also started in what would be considered lower value assets.. like many wholesalers trade in today.

these were as much of todays wholesale inventory is .. tough to sell assets.. no bank financing etc etc. 

As commissions are negotiable.. I simply charged accordingly ..  my minimum fee was 10% and I charged as high as 25%

thats one way to do it legally.

and Net listings were not legal in our market here in WA OR.. I had a developer who had a bunch of brand new construction duplex's he needed off the market sold .. he was willing to take 270k net to him for these duplex's  .. but he needed 22 of the buildings sold.

I negotiated a flat fee listing of 30k per unit  or 660k... I spent about 75k on doing a HUGE marketing campaign in the SF Bay Area.. 20k on radio 15k on print... and rented a big room at hotel for 10k plus other expenses came to about 75k as i recall this was 2004..  heat of the market right?   brought all my agents down ( my team )  they paid their own way.

We present and closed all of those in 60 days.. I paid my agents 6k a sale  so we made a little more than 350k or so in that 60 day run all net profit all legal and a bunch of fun.. my agents got the benefit to they got to sell those clients more than the duplex and I got cuts of those deals.   etc etc.. but like wholesalers today that spend 5 to 10k a month in RISK marketing to start  I wrote a check for 75k up front ...  but it all worked out..  builder was happy he got all his stuff sold... my team was happy and of course I enjoyed a nice payday.

Very cool.. 

Originally posted by Account Closed:

Net listings are not illegal in North Carolina.

Any legal expert in state of NC care to jump in this interesting discussion?

@chinmay j. Let me first say that I do not agree or disagree with net listings. However in the class I am taking we just spoke about net listings and while they are frowned about in North Carolina they are not illegal.

@Account Closed Slogan: “who let the deals out??!!” With a picture of houses that look like dogs running out from some sort of gate

Originally posted by @Chinmay J. :
Originally posted by @John Thedford:

if they say no...
2. are you a licensee

Since you are so passionate about this topic I always wanted to ask you, how would a person go about wholesaling in the states where NET LISTING is illegal. My understanding is that in most cases its illegal, right?   If the individual is licensed real estate agent, then he could get in trouble for NET LISTING, and if he is not then he is in trouble for performing transaction w/o license 

So unless someone can double close, and that would wipe out 99% of the wholesalers, as most are broke and the reason they are wholesaling in the first place, is because they have no money, there aren't many options left here. 

So, are we at a point to conclude that wholeselling (without someone double closing) is ILLEGAL.. ? 

I don't like net listings even though we can do them here. The agent could still be liable if the seller can prove they were misled, etc. I prefer clear transparent deals. Even when I purchase for myself, I give the seller a true FMV first. If they want to list it, I can do that if they desire. If they want to sell for a discount that makes sense, I may be the buyer. I have seen some BP members that are also agents state they see a real potential problem with a net listing. As far as "wholesaling" some states are more lax. In FL there are only two options to do it legally: own it and sell OR be a licensee. Of course, there are still lots of illegals that are either uninformed (more innocent) and those that KNOW they are committing a crime (but will do anything for the money). I suspect more states will more further towards consumer protection in this area.

Originally posted by Account Closed:

What does that mean?

It means he has no better thing to do than hate on wholesalers. 

Do you know how to save a drowning real estate agent? 

Take your foot off his head

On the front 

I Buy Fast 

on the back 

I will buy your house easy as ABC

Realtors might sell it in year 3.

Front: 

Cash buyer

Back: 

And/or assigns

Front:  I sold my house to a wholesaler

Back:  And all I came out with was this lousy t-shirt

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.