How am I protected in Seller Financing when seller dies

How am I protected in Seller Financing when seller dies

Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Not sure if this fits this category but I’m curious to know how best to protect myself as an owner in a seller financing agreement if seller dies and heirs choose to do something else with property?

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    For “seller financing” you want title transferred at closing, the seller holds a note and a mortgage, just like a bank.  Heirs couldn’t change anything about this.  Stay away from land contracts, “rent to own”, etc.

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Typically contracts and owner finance agreements would be binding on heirs and successors. Make Sure you cover th is with your attorney.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.