Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Burns
  • Investor
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
What lead source is working for you? (probate, tax delinquent,..)

Matthew Burns
  • Investor
  • Greensboro, NC
Posted Dec 8 2019, 14:07

There are plenty of lead sources available, but what has been getting you the best success rate? Probate, tax delinquent, driving for dollars, absentee owner, etc.?

In my market, I've been using tax delinquent since it's freely available, but it's clearly being used by several investors/wholesalers for that reason. I prefer cold calling to get directly in contact with sellers, but I'm looking for another good lead source. What lead sources do you recommend?

User Stats

Votes
Aaron H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Steamboat Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Steamboat Springs, CO
Replied Dec 8 2019, 17:33

I've been having success with both absentee and driving for dollars. The list matters a lot less than consistency in marketing to it.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Sparacino
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Dec 9 2019, 14:08

my best lead source to date is buy/sell and yardsale facebook groups. I post in there that I am an investor looking to purchase an off market property, and that I am looking for vacants, fixers, and unwanted.. It works really well 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Faith Riddering
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Votes |
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Replied Dec 10 2019, 12:16

I love the free ideas! Has anyone used happyinvestor.com ? 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony McEvoy
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Replied Dec 12 2019, 02:59

@Sonia Captain

What part of Arizona? I see you are in Scottsdale... Do you focus elsewhere?

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Dec 12 2019, 08:50

We get between 4 to 12 leads a day. Highly motivated leads. People that have a problem and come seek us out.

So the reason I am saying this is to lt you know, these are real leads with actually issues.  Not just opportunistic leads that just saw an ad.

93% of my leads are simply people that HATE agents. No other reason that they do not want to deal with agents.

And other reason why I tell you all, that lists SUCK!! The REAL motivated sellers cannot be found on a list. 

Most motivated sellers are people that simply do not want to list their house with an agent.

And there you have it!

Ohh and those that do DMM??

Thank you!
Your kind is giving us a TON of leads for free!

When someone recieves your DMM letter, if they are truly motivated often they WILL do an online search, and guess who they will find.

ME!

If you only knew how many calls we get that start with "Hey I received your mailer in the mail, how does it work?"

;)

yes driving for dolars is a bad methods, but so is DMM!

Come on how many people here REALLY are loving DMM?! Not many!

Yes now we have data. we have computers.. so WHY the heck are you all STILL doing DMM. 

We are in the age of digital. Internet. SEO!!

The results you ask??

yup yup!

Do SEO, do it yourself. It is free!

User Stats

Votes
Theo Daniels
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Plano, TX
Replied Dec 13 2019, 10:36

@Jerryll Noorden Sounds like that technique is working well for you. How do I go about starting SEO?

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Dec 13 2019, 10:48
Originally posted by @Theo Daniels:

@Jerryll Noorden Sounds like that technique is working well for you. How do I go about starting SEO?

Yes it is working like nothing esle I have seen (and I have looked).

SEO done the right way is like magic. You won't believe the amount and quality leads that you will get.

The #1 thing you need to understand if you want my results is that you can NOT rely on SEO companies to help you with SEO.

ALL these companies do it wrong.

a HUGE % of my clients come from Ad-words "Geeks". Since the day I had a brawl with them in the open here on BP a TON of people reached out to me telling me that I was absolutely correct and they should have never gone with them.

You should do SEO yourself!

You need to understand how Google works, What they want. Once you understand that, you completely ignore google and develop strategies that pleases your traffic.

When you do that, guess what.. what happens when you legitimately please your traffic?

You get your forms filled.

THAT is what you want. Not ranking #1

You want LEADS! So focus on getting leads.

Once you understand that concept things become so ridiculously clear how and why EVERYONE does SEO wrong.

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Maloney
  • Wholesaler
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Replied Dec 14 2019, 17:37

@Matthew Burns we use stacking techniques but we always have a equity position of %50 or greater. This provides us plenty of leads and opportunities to close deals in multiple markets. 

User Stats

Votes
Joey Chavez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • California
Replied Dec 16 2019, 11:15

@Anthony McEvoy Yes Scottsdale Arizona as well as California, Washington and some others.