Specialist · Monroe, LA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Hello BP! I want to become a wholesaler in Louisiana. I've been doing research on the licenses. I know you have to have your license to become a real estate agent, but, does the same rule apply for becoming a real estate wholesaler.
Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
6y
Hi @Demetrice Underwood. I am both an investor and a managing partner of a local real estate brokerage. I have been in the REI world for about 10 years and licensed for about 7 years. You do not need a real estate license to wholesale in Louisiana.
Be sure to check out the Education tab here on BiggerPockets. You will find a ton of useful information to help you with your foray into real estate investing.
Here is an ongoing discussion thread on wholesaling that has anything and everything you'd like to know about wholesaling: The Truth about Wholesaling! (It has been going on for 8+ years , so just about anything and everything is in there somewhere!)