Insurance Broker/Agent in KY for Rentals

6 Replies

Currently looking to switch insurance carriers on my rental properties here in Louisville, KY as the current provider I have is absolutely terrible (not naming any names, yet - until I switch atleast lol). Everything has been fine and dandy until real life hit and I ran into a large claim. The process resolving the claim has been more than a nightmare to say the.

I have heard many seasoned vets and others rave about KY Farm Bureau; however their caveat is that you must have your personal auto & home with them. At the moment I am not quite ready to make that jump b/c I am overly satisfied with my current personal insurance provider.

Just seeking suggestions on carriers and agents here in town to make a switch. Floors open....

Call my buddy John Dickinson at Spaulding Insurance

@Sean Williams  We were very satisfied with a great agent based out of NJ who works with property owners nationwide. He works with over 40 national carriers directly, so can get you the best policy to fit your exact needs. I can give you his contact info if you PM me. 

I use RealProtect based out of Florida. They insure nationwide and have good rates. Not sure how they are with claims because I have been lucky and not had to file one.

Check out NREIG - we use them on our our rentals across two states.  Great service and good response time.  We filed a claim last year and received a check pretty promptly.  Part of the claim is reimbursement and the adjuster actually reached out to us a few months ago to see if we were ready to settle out that part as well.

Originally posted by @Michael Seeker :

Check out NREIG - we use them on our our rentals across two states.  Great service and good response time.  We filed a claim last year and received a check pretty promptly.  Part of the claim is reimbursement and the adjuster actually reached out to us a few months ago to see if we were ready to settle out that part as well.

Funny you mention them, that's the exact company I am trying to get away from!! Yes, the service and response time has been quick when it comes to getting my money and answer questions upfront, but once we filed a claim everything changed. They are just the agent, therefore the claim is handled by the insurance company (you'll need to actually see who you were brokered out to). Then they contracted a 3rd party adjuster that has been nothing short of terrible. 0 communication and many lies along the way. This claim started in September (large fire claim), the job was finished in January....and we're still sitting in limbo. I have to call every single day, and can never get a straight answer :( 

I'll be glad to send you a couple of recommendations if you want to send me a message.  I'm here in Louisville. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.