* * Your New Year's Real Estate Goals for 2009 * *

35 Replies

2009 is here, and that means now is the time to get a year's worth of goals together. What are you hoping to accomplish this year?

Please share your real estate and investing goals for 2009 with all of us so we can help keep you accountable to them.

Happy 2009! :mrgreen:

My goals for 2009 are:
* purchase 7 more properties for my rental business.
* Try to re-hab and sell (maybe on a lease to own system) at least 1 house.
*Go on vacation to my home country of PARAGUAY !!!

Wishing everyone success in 2009 !

- Book a trip to a cashflowing area
- Research these areas HEAVILY
-Build a Team to interview (at least one fall back for each member)
- Dedicate 7-10 days to drive around, meet people and look at property and surrounding areas.

Make at least 2 deals in 09

One of my goals just got completed hours ago. I created Rockview Properties, L.L.C. based out of Castle Rock, Colorado! The rest of 2009 will be to age the company while I am in Afghanistan so that when I get back, I will be able to hit the ground running and purchase my first property(ies)! Happy New Year!!!!!

My goal: to complete at least one real estate deal.

It has been TWO years now, still on the fence, and my butt is killing me. My first actionable steps..well two of them, is to contact and meet a mortgage broker, and a real estate agent specializing in investment properties this week.

THE HUN.

This post has been removed.

* To purchase at least seven rental properties that meet the fifty percent rule. At least five must cash flow well, and two can be break even speculation plays in great neighborhoods for future appreciation

* To generate 1000.00 per month cash flow from said properties after operating expenses.

* To move my HELOC into investments fast before it is closed. In this market I have a feeling it will be gone soon. Surprised it's still here. Looking to do this by Mar.

I am going to keep my goals conservative this year:

1. Keep my units fully occupied with good tenants.
2, Run my current properties efficiently and keep them in good condition.
3. Pay down as much on my mortgages and LOCs as possible. I would like to get at least one property paid off in the next couple years.

1. Double my volume of fix-and-flips. I did 9 in 2008...looking to do 20 in 2009.

2. Get rid of all of my slow-paying tenants and re-rent to better-screened, paying tenants.

3. Eliminate the need for hard moneylenders. Stretch goal is to eliminate need for private money also and just self-fund. That would require that I triple my 2008 fix-and-flip volume.

4. Have at least 2 of every kind of vendor- plumbers, HVAC, GC, mortgage lender (to finance retail buyers), handyman, etc. I'm sick of relying on 1 guy for each item...puts me at their mercy.

5. Pay down $100k of mortgage debt on my rentals.

1. Start an LLC
2. Start wholesaling
3. Buy at least one cash flowing property (50% rule)

4. Graduate college (man, that is weird)
5. Be able to not call myself a REI newbie anymore! Well ok I will only have a little experience...

I am new to this forum but not to REI. Here are my 2009 goals.

1. Buy properties that actually cash flow. Looking at 4-6 quadroplexes, or perhaps a small apartment buildings, with a average net of 1k per property.

2. My goal is 5K a month of cash flow.

3. Sell the six properties that we own that do not cash flow.

4. Buy at least one GO zone property to take advantage of the tax benefits.

(1) To get my current rental property that has been vacant for a month now, rented.

(2) To have my most recent purchase rented by the end of February.

(3) To have an occupied third rental by years end.

(4) Eliminate as much debt as possible, while continuing to build cash.

(5) And as usual quit smoking. AHH!

I am new to this forum but not to REI. Here are my 2009 goals.

1. Buy properties that actually cash flow. Looking at 4-6 quadroplexes, or perhaps a small apartment buildings, with a average net of 1k per property.

2. My goal is 5K a month of cash flow.

3. Sell the six properties that we own that do not cash flow.

4. Buy at least one GO zone property to take advantage of the tax benefits.

Since I just started out with investing and just closing on my first property on the 2nd of january Im going to keep my goals small so that I can get a feel for real estate investing.

My goals are to:

1. Keep the property rented
2. Purchase at lease 1 more property during 2009

I have set some ambitious goals for myself. I figure that if I get done half of what I have below, I'll be happy. But I'm going for all of it.

1. Complete at least 30 deals (rehabbing, rentals, lease-option, tax liens, ira investing). I'm going for diversification here

2. Finish building the core of my REI team (attorney, realtor, accountant)

3. Build a network of at least 50+ retail and lease-option buyers

4. Complete my business plan

Since I have created a pretty SOUND porfolio of buy and hold properties.

My goal would be to HELP someone in need as far as buying and understanding what real estate investing is all about.

Take time out of my life to share with someone else in need.

My goal for 2009 is simply to stabilize my rental business. During 2008, I finally finished churning the inherited tenants that I had (evicting the ones that were unacceptable) and finding appropriate tenants for those units. Now, I just need to finish a few initial rehabs (like finish painting the Pink Elephant) and rehabbing a unit that I've been using for storage in preparation for a tenant.

Mike

1. Buy and hold at least three more properties.

2. Complete one minor rehab and resell it.

3. Take the GRI classes and pass the state broker exam.

I have several goal throughout the upcoming year. The biggest one though is to do my first "fix and flip". I need this for the cash it will generate. Almost more important than the profits is the credibility. I'm a real estate agent as well and I want to practice what I preach.

1. Get my first property rented-should be any day now so it's not much of a 'goal' but a start to the process

2. Buy more properties. I know it's better to have a specific goal/number but I think it would be better to focus on making quality investments instead of quantity. I could buy 5-7 more properties right now but it's only Jan and I have 11 more months to look so I'm going to be picky. I guess to be specific, at least 1 more property in 2009.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here