• Des Moines, IA
Votes |
Hiring a W-2 to help with "asset management"

Chase Gochnauer
  • Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Posted Apr 16 2019, 15:04

Hello all,

Over the last few years I've acquired 168 residential units. This is a combination of small SFH/duplex as well as some larger complexes. I also have a 14k SF commercial property I've acquired. Lastly, I'm doing a residential land development. All of this is in addition to my primary business in which I have about 15 employees currently. I use a PM for my residential units, they do a solid job, however, there is still some "screws that need tightened" in regards to occupancy and maintenance costs.

I am looking at hiring my first W-2 position for this business. 

I am looking for someone that can:
- Manage the manager. Create budgets for properties and work with the PM to make sure targets are being hit
- Strategy behind maintenance. Potentially negotiate better rates with different trades due to our volume
- Work on larger capital projects at some units, as well as strategy on remodeling units such as certain types of materials, etc
- Help network/find/analyze potential acquisitions
- Manage rehabs of properties that are recently acquired before they're put into service
- Produce reports on performance of properties that can be shared with future investors

Have any of you out there hit this stage that could provide some guidance on how you have continued growing once you've hit this stage? I am in a position to acquire more units, I am just apprehensive until I get some additional help. 

Thanks

Chase

Loading replies...