• Rental Property Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
How do I hire a rockstar?

Caleb Bryant
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Posted Jan 13 2021, 11:38

It occurred to me that I have no idea how to find good people to hire and I figured I'd hop on here and see who has advice! I am a real estate entrepreneur that's been investing since 2015, but until 2018 I wasn't concerned with hiring anyone to take over my job in the company which is essentially a disposition manager. We are in the relatively small market of Huntsville, Alabama, so I'm worried there aren't a ton of people who would both have the skills and also be willing to take this type of position. There are a lot of good jobs in this area being the tech and government hub that it is here. While we work in Birmingham too, I really want someone that is local and can come to the office so we can continue to build a culture. The approach we've taken so far to attempt hiring is using indeed to post the job. When a candidate applies, it then sends them to an assessment to see how proficient they are in certain skills. If they do both the app and the assessment, we reach out and ask for a 1 minute video of what they can bring to the company and why they'd like ti work with us. Only like 5 people out of probably 250+ apps have done these three steps. Of those, we only got 2 to come in for an interview. Because I'm new to this, I feel like I should get one feedback and see what other successful real estate business owners have done to get good talent in their company. I'll add that this is a wholesaling business specifically, if that matters. Thanks for any and all feedback and advice!

Loading replies...