Votes
Josh Mac
  • Northwest Indiana
Votes |
Comps when flipping

Josh Mac
  • Northwest Indiana
Posted Mar 17 2024, 12:36

Hello everyone,hope your enjoying your Sunday.I was wondering what is the best way to find comps when doing a flip?Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Ayars
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia
Replied Mar 18 2024, 07:36

I suggest doing a market analysis based on what the property WOULD BE worth when the project is completed. Then subtract the cost of the work to be done (build in a generous buffer). What is left is the maximum price you should pay for the property minus a reasonable profit and closing costs on both ends of the project.

User Stats

Votes
Alan F.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Replied Mar 18 2024, 08:34
Quote from @Josh Mac:

Hello everyone,hope your enjoying your Sunday.I was wondering what is the best way to find comps when doing a flip?Thanks in advance.

I like as much data as possible, Chris brought up great info, I run my own also; like for like sq ft bed/bath count, close radius, only closed sales in tight time frame, not separated by busy surface streets, pole line open space etc. Same school district, property taxes etc. Comps are a way to narrow down the speculation of ARV.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes