Votes
Kaity Cunningham
  • Clovis, NM
Votes |
New to BP, Lubbock, TX

Kaity Cunningham
  • Clovis, NM
Posted Feb 5 2018, 22:36

Hi everyone! I am super exited to be on BP and just starting out with this REI adventure. My husband and I have some high aspirations and are pumped to get started. We are currently living in Clovis, NM, but are looking to invest in Lubbock TX. I am hoping to connect with other investors and network as we are looking for a team to help us and do the same in return as I learn. I did have some questions on areas of interest, Tech Terrace, Rush, etc, as well as finding investor friendly Realtors, Property Managers, Closing Agents, Title Companies, Contractors, etc. Look forward to connecting with you all.

User Stats

Votes
Will Pritchett
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 6 2018, 04:31

Welcome!  I don't know Lubbock's market but I'm sure you can find opportunities there.  Stay focused and you'll be successful.

Good Luck!

-Will

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Houston
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mansfield, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mansfield, TX
Replied Feb 6 2018, 07:45

Hi Kaity!  Lubbock is a great place to start investing.  Let me know how I can help!  Let's talk!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ruben Young
  • Residential Real Estate Brokerage
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Feb 6 2018, 08:21

Hello Lindsey, welcome to BP. I actually have a great opportunity in Rush. Reach out to me and see how I can help you.

User Stats

Votes
Ruben Young
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Feb 6 2018, 08:22

sorry. That should have been to Kaity

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Mar 4 2018, 13:57

Hey Kaity,

I could help with all avenues that you're interested in. I currently have 24 college student rentals in Lubbock and do many remodels/rehabs and have started to do some flipping. Shoot me a message if you're interested in setting up a call.

User Stats

Votes
Garrott Nalle
  • Property Manager
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Mar 4 2018, 14:40

Hey Kaity! Welcome to the forums and thanks for showing interest in the Lubbock market. It's a great area to invest. I'm a local commercial banker that can point you in the right direction for financing as well as a licensed real estate agent. My fiancé and I really like the Airbnb and short term rental opportunities here in Lubbock. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

There's plenty of people in this area with lots of good advice and many are willing to help.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Hughes
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Mar 5 2018, 09:16

Hey Kaity, I do a lot of business here. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have...Who to use, who not to use, etc.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Mar 5 2018, 12:19

Can't go wrong with myself, Austin, or Garrett. We all know each other well and would all be great resources to help.

User Stats

Votes
Joan Brown
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Lubbock, Texas (TX)
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Lubbock, Texas (TX)
Replied Mar 7 2018, 05:01

Welcome, Kaity!

I recently moved to Lubbock from Portales after working on rehab remotely for 6 months, so I understand the need to have a team in Lubbock. Happy to help however I can! Message me and we can get together or chat!

Joan

User Stats

Votes
Oneil Okpaleke
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Apr 15 2018, 05:09

Hello BP family, i am a recent graduate from Texas Tech and a Petroleum Engineer looking to invest in Lubbock Texas..

I’m seeking other members, realtors, contractors, etc...

User Stats

Votes
Aziz Raji
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 15 2018, 08:33

Kaity Cunningham Welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and feel free to jump in the community there are great people in the forum.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Hughes
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Apr 22 2018, 18:52
Originally posted by @Oneil Okpaleke:

Hello BP family, i am a recent graduate from Texas Tech and a Petroleum Engineer looking to invest in Lubbock Texas..

I’m seeking other members, realtors, contractors, etc...

Congrats. What kind of investing are you looking to do?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kaity Cunningham
  • Clovis, NM
Votes |
  • Clovis, NM
Replied Apr 24 2018, 19:24

Such a great community on here! Any references on realtors, lenders Or property managers? 

User Stats

Votes
Kaity Cunningham
  • Clovis, NM
Votes |
  • Clovis, NM
Replied Jul 12 2018, 06:54

@Austin Hughes, We are fixing to move there to focus full time, and we are looking to Buy and Hold SF and Multi Family, as well as wholesale... and when we get more comfortable fix and flips. Are there any local meetups or is there just the once a month REIA?

User Stats

Votes
Austin Hughes
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Jul 12 2018, 12:21

@Kaity Cunningham there is actually NO meetup currently. The old REIA leader moved to Houston. A definite gap in the market. If I can ever get free time, I'd love to host it, but business keeps growing too fast lol.

User Stats

Votes
Kaity Cunningham
  • Clovis, NM
Votes |
  • Clovis, NM
Replied Jul 12 2018, 12:42

@Austin Hughes Oh man! What a disappointment! I'm super new, but I wouldn't mind hosting one just to network see where I an help others too. Thanks Austin!  

User Stats

Votes
Juan Lumbreras
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Jul 28 2018, 15:48

I'm also in the Lubbock area and looking to get into the RE industry. I think starting up a REI meeting would be awesome! I'd like the opportunity to get connected, it would be great. If you decide to do so let me know! With that being said, if anyone wants to connect message me! I'm a 4th year student at TTU studying Finance.

User Stats

Votes
Oneil Okpaleke
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Replied Sep 3 2018, 14:55
@Austin Hughes sorry for the late reply.. but I am looking to invest in single family/multi family rentals in the Lubbock areas