Strom Lee
  • Bay Area, CA
Votes |
Looking to network with brokers, PMs, investors in CO and NC

Strom Lee
  • Bay Area, CA
Posted Aug 9 2019, 21:15

Hello!

I'm a new investor currently looking at small multifamily (2-4 plex), and I'm interested in the Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO areas.

I'd like to meet some investors that are in that market that I can network with. Also agents/brokers/PMs, as I'm in CA so I'll need to be investing remotely.

Thank you, and look forward to meeting you!

User Stats

Votes
Steve K.
  • Realtor
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boulder, CO
Replied Aug 10 2019, 06:46

@Strom Lee Hi Strom, nice to meet you. I’m an investor and licensed agent (mostly for my own purposes but happy to help others too) in the Denver/Front Range market. Let me know if you have any specific questions about our market here. Best, Steve

User Stats

Votes
Fiama Collins
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 10 2019, 19:03

@Strom Lee

Hi Strom! Nice to meet you! I am a licensed agent looking to connect with fellow investors. The Charlotte area is developing and growing everyday! Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help you make some investments here in the Charlotte area.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Oaster
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 11 2019, 10:10

@Strom Lee hi Storm! I’m an agent in the Denver area and would be happy to help. I grew up in the Bay, so I’m always excited to connect with someone from home!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 11 2019, 13:25

Be happy to connect as well!!!  We manage 300 properties in Denver metro.   Dm me.  

User Stats

Votes
Laura Shinkle
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 13 2019, 09:08

Hi @Strom Lee. I'm an agent in the Charlotte area. For your particular strategy with small multifamily properties, I honestly wouldn't waste your time looking in Charlotte. That type of building is not common in Charlotte. The ones that do pop up are either in terrible condition or the rental rates won't support the purchase price to even a 1% rule. 

That being said, that is my experience for properties listed on the MLS. If you can find wholesaler connections for off-market properties, that may be a different story. Just my two cents!

User Stats

Votes
Strom Lee
  • Bay Area, CA
Votes |
  • Bay Area, CA
Replied Aug 13 2019, 21:15

Thanks @Laura Shinkle for the information. Do you know of areas in that vicinity that would meet the criteria?

User Stats

Votes
Laura Shinkle
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 16 2019, 10:03

@Strom Lee do you mean areas where multifamily is possible? Or the 1% rule?

User Stats

Votes
Strom Lee
  • Bay Area, CA
Votes |
  • Bay Area, CA
Replied Aug 16 2019, 10:40

First the former, then the latter. Are they mutually exclusive or are there places where both are possible?