Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Logan Jorns
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Belleville, IL
Votes |
Favorite Way of Finding Off Market Deals (for free)

Logan Jorns
  • Belleville, IL
Posted Apr 13 2021, 15:09

Hey y'all! I'm putting together a list of some free or very cheap ways of finding off market deals and wanted to reach out to the BP community to see what are some of your favorite ways you've found off market deals?

User Stats

Votes
Anna Laud
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 14 2021, 19:30

Great question and I've actually spent the last year or so answering this question: What are the best, cheapest, highest ROI and most profitable FREE ways to find motivated sellers and we'll been making a pretty complete list. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here but in my signature you can go to that page and click the "100 Free Ways to Find Motivated Sellers".

Some on our team have put together a code violation list and then made 2-3k/week renting it out so you don't even need to do the deals but help investors do them.  I would love to take the best ideas from this post, test them out and have a detailed article/video on the results of each.  If you'd be up for that I can have our team execute the best ideas and we can list the results.

Thanks much!  = )

User Stats

Votes
Chris Purcell
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Apr 14 2021, 21:30

@Logan Jorns

Drive around and knock on doors

The rest will cost you $$

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jaquetta T Ragland
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Winston Salem, NC
Replied Apr 15 2021, 03:33

@Logan Jorns local REIA

User Stats

Votes
Cory Lucas
Pro Member
  • Brighton, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brighton, IL
Replied Apr 15 2021, 06:21
Great post and good info! I was actually going to post this exact question today!

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Apr 15 2021, 06:37

Here are a few that I have used to get some deals done

1. Getting deals through lenders from bigger backs, customers come into banks and speak with mortgage professionals about getting rid of a junk home. Have that lender contact and relationship and get that call to get the off market deal
2. Listing of a home in an area where there are a significant amount of rentals is another way to get some contacts who are looking to sell
3. Trust and estate attorneys, also probate 
4. Comes back to having that relationship with your network 

• Real Estate Agent Ca (#01968986)

The McKernan Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Alger
  • Investor
  • Waco TX / Conroe, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Waco TX / Conroe, TX
Replied Apr 15 2021, 08:18

I love the property management tip. I just got my properties set up with property management this past month and currently working on building that relationship so they'll send me the tired landlords. 

At the moment, most of my deals have come from relationships that took 2+ months to build. When I talk with people, i spend more time than most building rapport and getting to know them. 

This lead source is FREE but emotional drainage and takes a lot of your time.  

-BA

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 15 2021, 11:32

Great idea! We started our real estate business purely off probate leads.  I would literally go to the courthouse every week and search for recent probate cases with real estate attached.  As my husband and I had not made the leap into full time investing yet, it was a great start for us - we secured 4 amazing properties in 12 months for very little $$.  I'm also a big fan of facebook marketplace and driving for $$.

Good Luck!